Chapter 8

It's been a couple days since you and Ron started dating, not many people know you've made it official but everyone knows you've been seeing each other. You two found no reason to announce it to everyone, you aren't hiding it, you just thought they'd find out when they found out.

It's mid November, soon everyone will be going home for the holidays but you seem to be the only one who doesn't know whether they're staying at Hogwarts or going home to family. Your parents are always busy with something and they are very last minute with plans which annoys you. You hope you won't be stuck at Hogwarts all break without your friends.

"Good morning, love." Ron says, coming up behind you in the hallway, wrapping his arms around you.

"Good morning." You chuckle, turning around to hug him.

"You okay?" He asks.

"I'm fine." You sigh. "It's just, my parents haven't wrote to me all week and I'm not sure if I'm going home for the holidays or if I'll be forced to stay here alone."

"Well, if you end up having no plans, you can always come to The Burrow with me and my family. I'm sure mum wouldn't mind." He says, looking down smiling at you.

"Really, Ron!? That'd be amazing." You wrap your arms around him tighter than before as he places a kiss on your forehead. "I'll write to them and ask them tonight."

"You're adorable, Y/N." He says.

"I know." You laugh. "Now get to class before we are both late and have detention again."

"Well, if it's as good as last time then I wouldn't mind." Ron mumbles.

"Seriously, go." You nudge him with your elbow and laugh.

"Fine but I'll see you later." He starts to walk off.

"Can't wait." You smile.

In class, you notice Lavender looking up at you a few times. You hoped she wouldn't become an issue again because you're very happy with your life right now.

Class felt like it lasted forever, luckily next class you have with Hermione and Ginny so hopefully you won't be bored out of your mind.

"Hey guys." You say, taking a seat next to them.

"Hey Y/N." Ginny smiles. "Oh yeah, I was talking to Ron earlier and he mentioned something about you might stay with us during break?" She asks.

"Oh yeah, I'm not sure yet though. Plus we'd have to ask your mom." You reply.

"I'm sure she'd be fine with it. But figure out what you're doing soon so we can ask." Ginny says.

You nod and take out your books.

"I am so exhausted." You say to Hermione and Ginny, walking out of your last class.

"Late night?" Hermione says.

"Just thinking, I guess. Mum and dad have me a bit stressed out with not writing me." You reply.

"I'm sure they'll write." Ginny assures you.

"Hopefully, but right after dinner I'm straight to bed.  I feel like I could sleep forever." You say to them, stretching your arms out.

"Good luck with that one." They laugh.

A couple hours later, Hermione, Ginny and you get ready to eat dinner.

"I'm literally starving." Ginny says.

"You sound like Ron." Hermione laughs.

As you walk into The Great Hall, you immediately spot Lavender talking to Ron. You try not to over react even though you do not like this at all, walking over to the table you take a seat by Ron.