New Year Drama

This year had been quite eventful for the entire island, full of unexpected things that could range from awakening joy to shedding lots of tears. Even with all of that, everyone was grateful that they made it through and now they were looking forward for another year with completely new expectations.

It was the afternoon of New Year's Eve as Rebecca pulled up to Knapford Station. She'd just returned from delivering the fireworks to Ulfstead Castle, since there would happen the countdown party.

She was looking down at her buffers whilst getting lost on her thoughts. Her trance however soon gave in as a whistle was heard nearby. It was Gordon, who had just pulled up with his express coaches.

"Hello there, Rebecca!" He greeted cheerfully as he glanced up at his best friend. "How are you?"

"Hey, Gordon...I'm fine thank you..." Rebecca smiled softly.

"I can't believe tomorrow is already New Year." He commented. "I'm really looking forward for what it's gonna bring to us!"

"Yeah, me too..." mused Rebecca.

Gordon's smile then faded at the perceptible gloomy tone on Rebecca's voice. "Hey, what's wrong? It's New Year's Eve, cheer up!"

"I know, it's just that I'm sad that Flying Scotsman won't be here with me..." She frowned as she looked down at her buffers.

As it was the festive time of the year, Flying Scotsman had no choice but go on tours in London and leave Rebecca alone. They hadn't talked since the start of December and it was unsure when they'd meet again.

"Well..." Gordon hesitated, "There'll be a surprise at Ulfstead Castle that you might enjoy."

This immediately caught Rebecca's attention. "What do you mean with that?" She inquired.

"You must find out." He smirked. He then chuckled as Rebecca playfully made one pouty face.

"At least give me one hint! Please?" She blinked her eyes to give a begging look.

"You'll see..." He smiled. As the last passengers got out of his coaches, he uncoupled himself and whistled twice. "See you later, Beck!"

Rebecca stared over as the big blue engine puffed out until he was out of her sight. She raised an eyebrow, unable to help herself but feel slightly curious. What did Gordon have on mind?

*Time skip.*

A sulky moon shone up whilst a trail of stars bedazzled the last night of the year. Rebecca was making her way towards Ulfstead Castle for the party.

Throughout the ride, her mind was set on what Gordon had said earlier. She loved surprises, but this soon in particular really called her attention. Perhaps it was the moment he brought it up? Well, she didn't know.

Rebecca then snapped out her thoughts when Ulfstead Castle came into sight. She reduced her speed to enter the castle, and so looked around, decorations and balloons of every variation of colors took over the inside. It looked impressive.

She passed by engines. She then stopped midtracks when she spotted a familiar engine from afar. Dark green, same size as Gordon..No, it couldn't be. As it sprung onto her head, she thundered towards it.

"Scotsman!"

Scotsman looked over and gasped in amazement. "Rebecca!" He puffed towards her and they buffered up to each other, as if it was a hug.

"I was missing you!" Rebecca piped up as she pulled away, tears of joy escaped her eyes.

"I missed you too. Never thought we'd meet each other so early, but wow I'm so glad we did!" Scotsman grinned.