Unexpected Love

4th story of this book! It has been a long time, hasn't it? Yeah it has. I've been shipping those two recently so why not write a story between them? ;)

Story follows the previous one

Hope you enjoy!

Another week had passed on the island of Sodor. It was quite eventful compared to the previous ones. Some occurances weren't of great importance, but others had caught the attention of the engines.

As of.. the sudden change in Rebecca's behavior. She's been feeling quite down since she took the news of Gordon dating someone else. Hell, she barely was her cheery self, which of course, was of concern to her friends.

Not so long ago, Rebecca had arrived at Knapford Station, taking a train full of supplies. She had been pulling freight trains very often recently, and she wanted to keep it that way. She still pulled the Express occasionally, but she's been avoiding talking to Gordon.

The workmen arrived at the platform and approached the yellow engine, congratulating her for arriving on time. Rebecca was supposed to smile and thank them for their compliments, but even she didn't. She was very busy, immersing herself in her thoughts.

One of the workmen walked in front of Rebecca and climbed on her running board. He not only snapped his fingers but also snapped her out of her thoughts.

"Rebecca, were you by any chance listening to us?" asked the workman on top of her running board, looking at her in a rather stern way.

"Eh..." she stammered. "I...didn't hear..."

"We were congratulating you, and we were also saying what is the next train you have to take and where to take it. You better pay more attention if you don't want to cause any confusion and delay."

Rebecca frowned and looked down at her buffers, blushing in shame. "Yes, sir..."

"Very well." The workman jumped off her running board, then turned around and smiled at the yellow engine. "The next train you have to take is at Brendam Docks, and you have to take it to the Farmer McColl's Farm. Alright?"

Rebecca shook her head, smiling weakly. She looked at the workmen walking away.

She sighed heavily before she heard a familiar whistle. She looked to the left and returned the smile when she realized it was the Flying Scotsman. He had gone to spend a few months on the island before he returned back to London.

He looked at Rebecca and smiled. "Hello, Rebecca! Pulling the freight train again?"

"Yes, I am...I'm just giving the passengers a break...I guess..." Rebecca looked down at her buffers.

"Rebecca, what's the matter? I heard that you've been pretty down lately. Did something happen?" asked Flying Scotsman, looking at her curiously.

Rebecca sighed again and looked back at the famous dark green engine. "Unrequited love....."

"What do you mean?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I fell in love with your brother." she blushed.

Flying Scotsman raised his eyebrows in surprise. "Um, he has a boyfriend if I'm not mistaken.."

"He does! Gordon is taken! I had feelings for him for a long time but when I finally admitted, he told me he had a partner!" She sighed. "....I should've admitted my feelings for him when I had the chance....."