A Date To Remember. #1

Here's the first story of my series! >.< In the book "Unexpected Love." I said that if that wasn't the last story, I would create a book only containing the next stories. And as I had this plot idea for a while, I decided to create it! Also, I'd like to thanks to my friend Project_animations for suggesting this idea. She told me to do a story when they're getting used to their relationship, and I attended her request! She suggested almost a month ago, but I'm just doing it now since I didn't know a plot to this story. My brain is slow ;P Anyways, I hope you enjoy! :^

It was a calm, cloudy day on the island of Sodor. All the engines had their work reduced and softened due to the weather, thus it would also decrease the possibility of them having accidents as the tracks were slippery.

Percy, the number 6 green engine, was puffing through the field, taking a supply train to Wellsworth Station. Like the freight trains of the other engines, Percy's train didn't have so much content being transported, which made the task easier. Sometimes, Percy wished that every day would be cloudy so that he couldn't go through too much trouble.

It didn't take long for his destiny to come into view. He smiled and went a little faster, then he applied his brakes and came to a stop. He arrived just in time.

"Well done, Percy!" congratulated Sir Topham Hatt. "You delivered the train without a minute of delay. You are a really useful engine!"

Percy blushed slightly as he smiled. "Thank you, sir. The pleasure was all mine." he said sheepishly.

"Now, Percy." started Sir Topham Hatt, clutching his black coat tightly with his hands, showing authority. "I want you to go to Brendam Docks to collect a train full of food and take it to Knapford Station. After that you will have a 15 minute break before doing your next job."

Percy whistled happily. "Yes, sir! Right away, sir!" he said as he watched the short fat man walk away with his crew.

Percy wheeshed some steam and started puffing away to do his job, but soon he stopped when he heard a familiar whistle. He looked to his left and gave a small smile when he saw his girlfriend, Nia, puffing beside him.

Nia looked at the small green engine and grinned. "Hello, Percy. How are you doing?" she asked gently.

"I'm doing well, thanks!" said Percy, trying to sound as cheerful as Nia. "And you?"

"I'm doing well, too. I'm transporting milk bottles to the island's ice cream factory..." said Nia. She looked at Percy and noticed his smile being replaced by a worried expression. Her smile faded as well. "Percy, is there something wrong?"

"Nia, I wanted to tell you something important, like, really important!" said Percy. "And it has to do with our relationship."

"Sure! Go ahead!" said Nia calmly, showing no hint of nervousness - or at least not so much.

"Nia, how long have we been dating so far?" asked Percy.

"Tomorrow it will be exactly 3 weeks. Why?" Nia was genuinely curious.

Percy sighed. "It's because... during these almost 3 weeks we hadn't done anything special together..." he looked down at his buffers.

"We've already kissed in secret and flirted with each other." said Nia with a small smile.

"I meant that we didn't do anything special alone..." clarified Percy.

"Oh...I see..." said Nia quietly.

"I'm afraid that this lack of time and extensive tasks are affecting our relationship, Nia!" said Percy sadly. "I really wanted to spend time with you, but we never had enough time for that..."

Nia shook her head in understanding. She thought about it for a moment, eyes rolled to the top, trying to imagine something that could solve this problem. Then, an idea came to her mind. She smiled and looked back at Percy. "Today the work is reduced, isn't it?" she asked.

"Yes. I'm not even going to deliver the mail tonight. Why?" asked Percy curiously.

Nia smiled even more. "Since we won't be busy later, how about we have a night just for the two of us?"

Percy was silent for a moment, then he got astonished to understand what Nia meant. "Are you trying to say... that we're finally going to have a chance to have a date?" He grinned.

"Yes!" said Nia cheerfully. "That way, you will no longer feel that our love is dying. And if that happens again, we will have another date, regardless of whether we have time or not."

Percy spun his eyes as he whistled in celebration.

Nia chuckled at Percy's enthusiasm and smiled. "Meet me at the junction near Henry's forest. We are going to have a long night." she winked and then puffed away.

Percy looked at Nia from afar. He felt his boiler bubble with happiness and his fire burn. 'A whole night just me and Nia. I can even imagine how amazing it will be.'

He wheeshed some steam and puffed away to do his job, smiling for the rest of the day at the thought of the date he oh-so waited for to happen.

At first I thought this was going to be an one-shot, but when I noticed this chap had more than 800 words, I thought to myself, "You know what? Fuck it. I'll divide it in 2 parts >:v" Sorry if it was pretty boring, the continuation will have some dRaMA. It will be released or tomorrow or sunday, not sure yet :P Stay tuned!

- SheHadSeenEverything