Chapter 2

⬼𝅴𝅳⥖⥗⤗

Chaeyoung POV

I was looking out the window as the train departed from the station.

Hmmmmmm...... I thought. Wonder what the school will be like. Only ever heard stories from other people.

I looked at the newspaper that I grabbed this morning.

The headlines read: "Evil Witch Renela has just been sentenced by the High Court to be executed."

"Hmmm....well I'm glad she's finally done away with at least. After she hurt all those people, especially the school I'm about to go to as well, she kind of deserved that." I muttered. "But I also kind of feel sorry for her. She could've been a nice person."

I looked out the window again and saw huge plains and rolling hills pass by.

I also saw a few centaurs look at us curiously as they were testing some sort of contraption.

Heard that people were combining magic and technology recently. Seems like the centaurs are hopping on that train too. I thought.

I suddenly paused before chuckling.

Nice pun Chaeng. I thought to myself.

My mind drifted back to the school.

I hope it's not too hard. I thought. I did very well in my prep school in the aspiring alchemist class.

I glanced at my two huge suitcases and the alchemist's bag on my lap.

I rummaged inside it for probably the 50th time today as I checked over my supplies.

After some searching, I held up a glass bottle that held my best concoction.

The label on it read: "The Potion of Awesomeness."

I winced.

"Yeah. Not the most creative of names." I said to myself.

It was supposed to give the user you increased strength, stamina, concentration, and magic reserves.

I examined it.

Well, supposed to anyway. As is expected for an amateur alchemist, the potion doesn't work all the time. It worked 85% of the time which was a high percentage for someone like me. I thought. The other 14% of the time it leaves you really tired and weak.

And the other 1% has the possibility of summoning an eldritch abomination using your body as a portal. I thought. Luckily, eldritch abominations actually rarely come through and even when they do, the portal is only temporary and they're sucked back to wherever they came from.

I looked out the window again.

"Maybe a little nap." I muttered and rested my head on the back of the seat.

2 hours later

I yawned and stretched my arms as the train arrived in the station.

 "Welp. Here we are." I said and grabbed my stuff.

Luckily, alchemists like me know how to perform body modifications so I could easily lift my suitcases and my bag.

I walked out of my compartment and waited in line to get off the train, my mind brimming with nervousness and excitement.

After waiting for a while, I finally got off the train and took a deep breath.

"I'm here." I said.

I walked forward until I got to a clear view of the school and put my suitcases down.

"Yes. Finally here." I murmured to myself before looking down at my ring.

I won't let you guys down. I thought.

Suddenly, someone bumped into me and I staggered forward slightly.

"Oops. Sorry shortie." A voice said.

Dahyun POV

I sighed and bumped my head against the glass a few times.

"Ugh. Why is this ride so long?" I said. "I have things to do."

"Like what?" The person sitting next to me said casually.

"My mission." I said with a serious expression.

They glanced at me with a curious expression.

"But anyway, it doesn't really matter!" I exclaimed. "Because I'm never going to get to the school at this rate."

"I thought elves were supposed to be calm and relaxed." The person said. "Not hyper like you."

"Silly. Not all elves are like that. Those are the high elves. I'm part of the wood elves. We're way better to get along with than those stuck-up elves." I said shuddering when I remembered meeting with them for the first time and how boring they were.

"Well, wood elves are generally less powerful though, right?" The person asked.

I sighed and looked out the window.

Comparisons between different elves annoy me. I've already proven that I'm more than capable of handling myself. I thought. 

"On average? Yes." I said sighing again.

"Let me guess, you're an exception." The person said with an amused expression.

"Of course I am." I said puffing my cheeks.

"Why am I not surprised?" The person said and continued reading their book.

I huffed in annoyance and looked out the window.

I hope I can prevent it. I thought to myself. The-

Suddenly, my thoughts were interrupted when the bus driver announced we were getting close to the school and to prepare our luggage.

I stood up and got my luggage from the overhead compartments.

Elves, in general, are stronger pound-for-pound then a human. Wood elves especially possess the most physical strength of the 5 elf races. 

Which is why, wood elves usually adopt the roles of physical fighters in terms of magic usage and training. Roles like knights, rangers, and archers. Things like that.

But I'm different. I thought and hyped myself up. I'm going to be a druid. People usually say nature magic is the weakest but I'll prove them all wrong.

The bus stopped and the doors opened.

I ran out with my one suitcase and wand before everyone else could even moved.

"Ahh! Finally here!" I shouted and ran forward excitedly.

I looked up at the school as I ran, so I didn't notice when I ran into somebody.

⬼𝅴𝅳⥖⥗⤗

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So how is it so far? I've decided to incorporate a lot of things in and not just have one way to use magic. 

Oh and any race could become a student at that school as long as they meet certain requirements.

See you next chapter!!!