drabbles part 2 | various pairings

kie x reader | "you weren't there... why weren't you there?"

"kie!"

your bare feet slapped against the asphalt as you ran after your girlfriend. she didn't bother looking back at you; she just kept on walking down the street towards her house. you groaned and pushed your legs harder, even if you were getting gravel in your feet. finally as she was turning to walk up her driveway you managed to catch her wrist and pull her to a stop. she whirled around to glare at you, and you were taken aback to see tears in her beautiful brown eyes.

"whoa, hey, what's wrong? what happened? why were you running from me?" you asked in rapid succession, moving forward to wrap your arms around her.

"don't touch me!" she snapped and wrenched out of your embrace. "don't pretend you care! you never cared, did you?"

"kie, what the hell are you talking about? what's going on?"

she let out a scoff and shook her head, looking you up and down in your party attire. you were wearing some crop top and pants sarah had picked out, but you always had the choker kie had given you for your birthday around your neck. she'd made it herself, like she'd made the bracelets for her friends, and you cherished it. because it reminded you of how much you loved her and that somehow she loved you too. or at least you thought she did, but looking at her right now and how she was glaring at you, you were having a hard time believing that.

"kie, talk to me, please, tell me what's going on."

"you came from sarah's party."

"yeah, of course i did. it's her birthday." you frowned when you realized something. "you weren't there... why weren't you there?"

"don't pretend like you don't know!"

"i don't know!"

"your perfect little sarah didn't invite me!"

"what?" you took a step back and shook your head. sarah was your best friend, and she did questionable things a lot, but why do this? kie was your girlfriend and her friend. "why would she do that?"

"i don't know. all i know is she invited everyone at school except for me. probably because i used to hang around the cut. at least there i knew who my friends were."

"kie, wait, i'm your friend. your girlfriend."

"my girlfriend who is best friends with a girl who betrayed me!"

"i'll talk to sarah, i'll get to the bottom of this, i promise! just please, don't leave me."

she sighed and shook her head. "you can't fix this. you have to choose. because i can't be around sarah, not anymore. so... it's either you want to be my girlfriend or you want to stay her friend."

"don't do this, please. she's my best friend, kie. we've been with each other since we were in kindergarten!"

"so that's your choice."

"i don't want to choose!"

"it seems that you already have!" she took a deep breath and stepped back. "i'm sorry, but... i can't be with someone that would choose to stay friends with someone like that."

"she's not a terrible person," you whispered. "i can't... i can't leave her, kie. i'm all she has."

"then goodbye, i guess. i'm sorry this had to end like this."

you watched her walk up to her house, your hand coming up to touch the choker she had made you. "goodbye, kie."

jj x reader | "i'm going to die. i'm going to die with an absolute idiot!"