Chapter 1: Meet the Mikaelsons'

Mikaelson.

That was the name that left everyones lips the moment they stepped into the office building near the French Quarter in New Orleans. 

Mikaelson. 

Where one would see two young mothers with eyes full of love, and laughter. Kind eyes that were once anything but. And on occasion, much like today, two little shadows came following right after. 

And like shadows, they silently vanish. 

"Aj... Aj... Allyson-Josette we have to go back. Mommy is going to get mad!" Haylee crossed her tiny arms already mad at her little sister.

"Waits, Ima gets me the cookies... help me!" Aj said as she moved closer to the counter.

 The two sister were in the kitchen pantry trying to steal some cookies Josie specifically told the kitchen staff to hide.

 Haylee just rolled her eyes and got on her hands and knees. Aj climbed on her sister's back and pulled herself up onto the counter as Haylee carefully stood up to give her a boost. When AJ reached the top she grabbed the Oreo cookie box and jumped down. She placed them under her shirt then ran out.

"Nuts" Aj sighed seeing the many workers in the cafeteria. 

"Lunchtime." Haylee said under her breath, her eyes narrowing as they slowly found her little sister. 

"Guess so" Aj nervously laughed, trying to avoid the death glared she got.

"MIKAELSON!" 

The two sisters jumped as they heard the loud yell of the security guard. Not just them but everyone stopped what they were doing, turning their attention to the little girls. 

"RUN!" Haylee shouted, grabbing Aj by the hand.

One by one workers got out of their seats, set their trays down, and began their chase for the girls. 

The girls went into rooms, went out in others, trying desperately to out maneuver and out run the old, and fairly young employees. Haylee pushed Aj to the right as she went left when 3 employees rushed in front of them. 

But her luck wasn't as great as her sister's. A security guard was blocking her only exit. He ran towards her, yet her small hight was enough to gain speed and slide onto the freshly polished floor sliding under his legs and making it to the other side. 

"Better luck next time Harold" she laughed. 

She didn't dare look back as she needed to keep moving forward, but her eyes shifted to the side. A large floor to ceiling window separated the two sister and Haylee's eyes widen upon seeing her little sister running on top of desks, kicking papers and jumping all around. 

She swore she could hear maniacal laughter from her sister.

"Dummy" Haylee yelled. "We're so grounded."

"Not today Janet" Aj shouted, dodging the lady's attempt at grabbing her, causing her to fall knocking over the trash cans. Papers along with other trash fell onto the floor, and all over the lady. A few employees unable to stop fell along side the co-worker causing a traffic jam. 

Aj finally managed to exit the room, catching up with her sister. Both turned the corner, but their speed was too much for the turn it causing Aj to slip as they made it to the lobby. 

 Aj dropped the cookie box on the floor.  Haylee slapping the palm of her hand to her forehead as AJ went to grab them. She stopped when she noticed another hand reaching for it, picking it up. Haylee and Aj looked up and saw a lady with short dark hair, handing AJ the box.