thirty five.

paisleys pov.

I wake up gasping and completely un aware of my surroundings. I heave air into my burning lungs like iv been under water for days and I'm just now coming up for air. I jump up despite the ache in my bones reminding myself of the curses damage. I cringe as my head pounds until i see white specks clouding my vision. 

I blink several times until my vision clears and I look over to see a blonde person who's standing there awkwardly my eyes find his face and i let out a small gasp when i realize who it was. I stare dumbfounded at Draco who's wided eyed and watching me stumble around what seems to be his room as i look around my surroundings.

I stop and look at him letting all the sweet memories flood my mind and remembering where i am. I go to try and say his name but nothing comes out but a squeak. I try again and again until i'm grabbing my throat trying to figure out why i can't talk. Then it all comes back fully. The horcruxs, the curse, the endless amount of pain and the darkness that swallowed me up and everything that lead up to this moment.

I let out a sob before i run over to Draco and wrap my arms around him tightly. My heart pounds as he hugs me back tightly. His sent fills my senses and it sends me into a safe haven and i smile for the first time in a long time. Id missed him so much. And i was finally here after all this time of being apart.

We were together again.

And nothing else in that moment mattered.

We stay like that for a while. Just simply enjoying each other's embrace.It had been all to long since we'd been together and there was nothing that could ruin this moment. To soon he's letting me go and brushing his thumbs under my eyes and drying my tears.

He turns to his night stand and hands me a potion. I grab it and look at it oddly before looking back up at him silently asking him what it's for.

"It's for you throat.... It's raw that's why you can't talk.." He said before looking down and trying to hide his face. I gave his hand a slight squeeze before popping the top off of the potion and drinking it down quickly. I cringe as the minty cold hits my raw throat before it heats up and i can finally swallow without it burning. I take a few more moments for the potion to work before i try to talk again.

"Draco"

I say it softly not expecting the potion to take course so fast and being able to talk again. I smile when he looks up at me his eyes gleaming. I lean in a kiss him softly before my knees buckled and i fall down on the cold flooring dragging him with me. Draco quickly picked me up and set me back down on the bed.

"Sorry" I said quietly as a blush painted my cheeks red of the embarrassment of not being able to stand. I didn't realize how much the last few months and the curse had affected my body. I mean obviously living in a tent with little food to go around and the stress of having to find and kill horcruxes and not die in the process of doing so had done to my body.

"Don't" Draco said before sitting down on the chair next to the bed.

I looked up at him confused. I bit the side of my cheek as the ache in my bones intensified.

"Why?" I asked quietly scared of the answer he was going to give me.

He looked away from me and down at his shoes and avoided my gaze.

I frowned when i relized what he thought . He had thought this was his falt- the state i was in. I reached out and grabbed his hand and gave it a soft squeeze.

"Draco, its not your falt.. dont beat yourself up about it" I said softly. I didnt want him to think this was his falt. Beacuse it most definitly was not. I knew he would never do anything to hurt me. Draco jumped up quickly and moving away from me before looking at me and yelling.