𝓝𝓲𝓷𝓮

"Greetings pals and gals"

For the first time that year, all the t-birds and all the pink ladies were sat round one table at the frosty palace, their usual meeting place.

Carmen had originally sat with Putzie as they arrived talking about some tv show together, but since Jan moved to be close to her crush and French squeezed into the chair, Carmen found herself next to Kenickie again and this time opposite Rizzo.

"You alright kid?" He asked looking down slightly at Carmen who was staring at the menu.

"Uh yeah." She muttered in reply before being cut off by Vi passing a burger to Kenickie who was already asking for a Eskimo pie as seconds.

"Ugh. I got so many hickeys, people will think I'm a leper." Riz spoke up loudly while staring into her compact mirror.

"Aye, a hickey from Kenickie is like a hallmark card. You care enough to send the very best." Kenickie replied only making the situation Carmen had been avoiding even more awkward.

"You pig!" Riz practically screamed.

"Ooh, I love it when you talk dirty." Kenickie came back while ripping into his burger like a wild animal.

Sandy then began to talk to Danny who was once again trying to hold up his badboy act around his friends. Yet Carmen was more interested in watching Kenickie spell out "bitch" in salt on the table in reference to his on and off girlfriend.

"Let's get out of here Sandy." Was the next thing Baby heard and "bye Frenchy, bye Carmen" from Sandy.

"I get stuck with the check again. Give me money." Kenickie almost ordered Rizzo after seeming annoyed with her and the way she had been acting all day, "you got the personality of a mop."

"DON'T START WITH ME!" Rizzo shouted, frightening Baby and Frenchy a little, more so Baby as she thought Riz was the first to have figured it out.

"How about I finish with you?" Kenickie replied, now angry with her demeanour.

"Finish this! To you from me, pinky lee!" Riz yelled again throwing her milkshake into his face, some hitting Carmen and Frenchy "Sorry, French." She half apologised, making point of leaving out Carmen.

"Rizzo!" He called loudly after she chucked his t-bird jacket to him for good measure.

French left to get towels and cloths while Carmen held his jacket away from the mess. "I'm sorry about that Baby." Kenickie half chuckled, smiling up at the girl who was splattered in pink milkshake.

"Don't worry about it." She replied passing a towel from French to him and placing her cash onto the clean side of the table.

"Come on, I'll clean you up." Carmen said quietly, taking Kenickie to her car and then back home.

*

The two now stood in Carmen's laundry room. Kenickie was shirtless and Carmen stood only in her bra and skirt as their shirts were now in the washing machine.

"Wait there." She called back to him as she ran upstairs to get a shirt for herself and one of her father's for Kenickie.

She came down dressed again and baring a white vest that her dad would wear under his clothes.

"There you go. Sorry it's not a t-shirt or anything, all my pa really has is dress shirts." She explained smiling lightly.

"You know you're a good kid. You don't deserve this" Kenickie said, pulling the vest over his head and letting his hair fall messily.

"What's that supposed to mean, you're the one that left her." Carmen sniggered.

"Yeah but all this. I should have never kissed you. None of this would have happened." A piece of Baby's heart was ripped out when he spoke.

"I- uhh..."

"No no. Look Baby. We all know we could never be a thing but when I kissed you something happened and now it's all messed up. That's why I shouldn't have." Kenickie explained, watching her face fall.

"So Riz knows?" Carmen asked with worry in her voice.

"No, of course not. But she knows I don't love her anymore."

"Why wouldn't you love her you two are meant to be together." She stuttered in confusion as he took steps closer, holding her face with his hands.

"Oh Baby. I don't say this sort of thing to anyone but I lov-" He began before being cut off by the front door opening.

"Shhhh!" Carmen replied pushing her finger to his lips and gently backing out of the room.

She slowly crept around the corner to see her father placing his coat on the hook and a briefcase onto the floor. "Hiya daddy." She breathed out, smiling.

"You okay sweetheart, you look a little red in the face." Her father replied, smiling back at his youngest.

"Oh really. Ha, I'm fine." She laughed lightly and waited for him to take a seat, turning on the tv and losing her attention.

"Come on, shhh." She whispered back into the laundry room once she was happy her father was distracted. "I'll wash your shirt and get it to you tomorrow."

Kenickie followed Baby around her house until they saw her father in the living room, his attention still on the tv screen however not for long.

"Oh shit." Carmen muttered knowing her father had seen Kenickie walk past.

"Hey son, I didn't know you were here." Mr Zuko said to Kenickie, turning the tv off again. Carmen still smiling in a now worried and somewhat passive aggressive way.

"Ha, well yeah about that Mr Zuko. I was just- uhhh... picking up my jacket. Yeah I left it at school and Baby picked it up." Kenickie rambled on making the situation worse that it already was.

"Ha Ha, well you best be going now." Carmen hurried pushing him towards the door. Opening the door she looked back at her dad who was simply smiling at her.

"I was saying earlier-" Kenickie began after she closed the door behind them.

"Well don't say." Carmen muttered, in fear of getting hurt anymore.

"Fine, I won't say." He replied, leaning in and kissing her quickly and moving back to see her reaction.

"Just leave Nickie."