𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻

Carmen knew she was just short of what she needed to get her car but Kenickie was coming with her and he wouldn't have let her leave without a car.

So when they got to the car lot she made her way straight for the pink studebacker. It was in good condition except for a few chips in the paint and few missing parts.

"So uhhh, how much is it?" Kenickie asked the man who ran the lot.

When the number was mentioned Baby put on her best sad face attempting to pull her charm on her cousins best friend.

"Hey, uuuh man you sure you can't drop the price a little, I mean look it's not shinning." Kenick begged a little.

"Nah sorry." And the look on baby's face seemed to work because Kenickie was pulling out cash from his back pocket, counting out each bill.

"So, there anything here you could throw in if I gave you it all?"

*

By the time the two left they had two somewhat beaten up cars from 1948, Kenickie's Ford looking far worse than Baby's pink car.

Kenickie promised to help her fix it up. Buying parts as she went and learning how to drive alongside.

*

"Hey Zuko, look at this." Kenick called watching the pink car pull up outside frosty palace.

"Since when did Baby learn to drive?" Danny asked watching her enter the car park.

"I don't know, maybe she had a great teacher." He grinned.

"Shut up Nick." Danny hit his friend playfully, looking over to his cousin who came to sit opposite them after walking into the diner with her usual air of confidence.

"Who do you think you are?" Zuko asked her as she pushed her sunglasses down and smiled.

"I don't know, who do you think you are." She laughed a little at his blue jumper, Kenickie laughing along with her.

"Hey don't try it kid." Danny replied, pointing his index finger close to her face.

"You seeing the blonde chick again?" Kenickie asked changing the subject, while lighting a cigarette.

"Uh yeah, it's the last time I'm seeing her." Danny said in a slightly somber tone, looking down to his feet.

"Ya planning on getting some finally?"

"Yeah well I better get going." He sped off, leaving them again. They sat talking about Danny and his summer romance, agreeing that he had began to act odd since he met her, for a while before ordering and then waiting for the food to arrive at their usual table. Sitting in silence for Kenickie's Eskimo pie wasn't an uncomfortable silence yet a somewhat weird one as they rarely were sat at the diner by themselves.

"When the rents coming home?" He asked sticking a fork in his pie after Vi placed it down, pushing it towards the girl to offer her some.

"Two days, I've gotta clean up here tonight and tomorrow I've got to plan what I'm telling my grandparents I did all summer." She explained, pushing the pie back.

"Ah, why don't ya tell them you spent the summer with me. Your family love me." He replied grinning with a mouth full of food.

"Uh yeah sure they do," she mumbled sarcastically, rolling her eyes ever so slightly. "When yours coming home?"

"I don't know, pa wanted to go to Staten Island on his way back from Italy."

"Ain't that in the opposite direction?"

"Yeah." Kenickie replied watching as she took the fork from his hand and loaded her mouth with pie. "You doing anything else tonight?" Kenickie asked, taking the fork back.

"Nah, I'll probably just get an early night. Why?" Baby replied.

"No reason."

*

"Hey Nick, help put the chairs up!" Carmen shouted over to Kenickie who was busy playing with the jukebox.

"Yeah wait a minute." He mumbled as she walked past putting each chair up on to the tables.

He had set the music and moved to switch of the lights.

"Hey! Whatcha doing? Kenick?!" She called out looking over to him, only making out his silhouette in the faint light of the jukebox.

"Dancing. Come on Baby, why don't ya dance." He said pulling her over to him to dance.

The song wasn't particularly slow or fast but the two span and swayed to the music before Carmen tripped on her heel and fell back onto a booth seat behind her, Kenickie falling on top.

The two laughed about it for a while before Kenick leaned a little closer, kissing her for the second time that summer. Yet this time she gave in just a little more.

Sure they had gotten pretty close that summer but she never once expected to be were she was, with him.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.