𝓞𝓷𝓮

"Carry! For gods sake, is she still not up." Her mother muttered to Kathleen.

"Nah, she was up all night on the phone to French." Kathy ratted out her sister as she chewed on her slightly burnt toast.

"Well can you please tell her to get out and see these people instead of racking up my phone bill."

"Carry! Carry! Jesus Christ. Carmen!" Kathy shouted running up the stairs.

"What?" She groaned from her bedroom.

"You over slept your alarm. Twice." Kathy said jumping on the end of her sister's bed.

"What time is it?"

"Ten to nine, don't worry I called Danny he's picking us up. But still I don't want to be more than an hour late on my very last day of school."

"Ugh. Get out then!" Carmen screeched, throwing a pillow in her sisters direction.

Kathleen waited as her sister spent far too long choosing what to wear for the day. "Carmen! Can you hurry up please!"

"Hey. I can't just be turning up wearing any old thing." She said, chucking her clothes on to a now accumulated pile.

"You have a whole other year to redeem yourself if you mess up one outfit. Come on." Kathy pleaded.

Within the time it took Carmen to finally pick an outfit Danny was waiting by the door growing ever more impatient.

"Hey um, aunt. When do you expect they'll um be ready?" Danny asked as he rubbed the back of his neck, not wanting to sound rude.

"Finally!" Danny jumped up in relief, combing his hair and opening the door for his cousins.

"Bye Ma." Kathy said, kissing her on the cheek as she made her way out to Danny's car.

"Yeah, bye!" Carmen waved, grabbing the cold toast her sister left and following her cousin.

*

"Hey French!" Carmen squealed hugging her best friend.

"You left this at mine the other day, I kept meaning to give it back." Frenchy said passing over the baby pink jacket.

"Well I'm off to get my yearbook. I'll see you round." Kathy scooted away not really wanting to stick with her younger sister and her friends. "Oh and ma said to stay at French's tonight. We're leaving early!"

"Ooooooh. I can finally do your hair!" Frenchy smiled from ear to ear.

*

"Hey. Hey! Kenick!" Carmen whisper yelled to her sleeping friend who sat across from her. He wasn't going to wake anytime soon.

She rolled her eyes and figured a plan. She blew a huge bubble and popped it as obnoxiously as she possibly could, scaring her friend awake and receiving a angry look from the teacher, to which she mouthed sorry.

"Kenick." She repeated, once the attention was back of her.

"Yeah. What?" He replied bluntly.

"Can you please ask Danny if he'll give me and French a lift back to her place?" She begged.

"Why do I have to do it?" He asked.

"Because he might just agree if you ask. Please." She begged again, smiling widely.

"Sure. Now please let me sleep." He said placing his head back down.

Kenickie and Carmen always had a weird friendship. They were close but never too close. I guess there was always a fear that they might catch feelings and have Danny to answer to.

*

The school was pretty much clear by lunch as everyone disbursed ready to start there summer.

Carry sat on the back of Danny's car, casually taking drags of the cigarette in her hand, waiting for him to get out of the school.

"Isn't that crater face?" Frenchy muttered to her friend. They could see Rizzo walking along the street with someone on her hip.

"Yikes. No wonder Kenick would barely talk to me earlier."

"Really, he seemed fine in math." French stated.

"Well I guess we'll find out." Carmen said as she saw Danny and the t-birds stroll out of the building.

"Hey! Kid get off my car!" He yelled.

"I'm your cousin you know. You could treat me with a little respect." She sassed back.

"And why would I do that." He smirked, rubbing his car down after she hopped off.

"Hey French!" Doody said, sliding his arm around her shoulder.

"You girls coming to Frosty Palace or straight to French's" Danny asked getting into his precious car.

"I could do with a milkshake." French said hopping into the back with Sonny.

"Umm Baby." Kenickie said backing away from the group.

"Yeah." She replied simply, turning on her heels to face him.

"You, errrr, heard anything from Rizz?"

"Nah, I haven't seen her." She lied. "Why's something up?"

"It's nothing really, we just... Well... we split. A couple weeks back, did ya notice?" He asked to which Carmen shook her head, opening her mouth to respond.

"You two coming or what!" Danny laughed.

*

"Think about it Carry. This time next year we'll be free." French said pulling at Carmen's hair.

"Talking of being free. My parents are going away for the summer with Kathy, so I'm going to be home alone for a whole month."

"Oooooh, any plans?"

"Not really. I mean I could always have a summer fling. But I think you have to leave the house to do that."

"Yeah probably." She said simply, turning her friend to face the mirror as she finished the makeover.

"Wow French. I look good." Carmen said touching her new hair.

"You'll definitely get that summer fling now." Frenchy said looking at Carmen happily.

" Frenchy said looking at Carmen happily