𝓔𝓵𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷

It was the day of the prom and Carmen was sat with French in her room as they perfected their hair and makeup. Frenchie was leaving soon to meet up with Sonny while Carmen waited for Tom to pick her up.

"He's leaving." Carmen whispered over to Frenchie as she sat on her window ledge, watching her cousin leave his house across the street. The pair had been gossiping for days about who was taking who and what everyone was going to wear, prom was always a big deal at rydel and especially for the pink ladies.

"You look absolutely perfect Baby!" French squealed, looking at her best friend in her blue satin dress and her hair braided to one side.

"You look pretty cute yourself." Carmen stated, holding hands with frenchie as they stood admiring each other's dresses. The pair headed downstairs not long after, to be met with Carmen's mom waiting to take pictures of the two, just like every other special occasion over the last ten years.

Frenchie headed off and met with Sonny, just before Tom pulled up in a cream coloured car, ready to pick up Carmen. He sat awkwardly in the car the whole way there and they arrived early too, part of Carmen felt bad for playing the guy like she was but after all he was a total airhead.

Heading into the hall, a fair amount of people had piled in, but not enough to have made the impression she wanted. So for the time being she ignored the situation and chose to stand with Marty who had arrived early to try and spot Vince Fontaine.

The rest of the group started to arrive with Danny locking arms with Sandy and Kenickie on the arm of a girl Carmen knew too well.

"Jesus Christ." She muttered before dragging Tom over to the rest of the group, she knew full well ChaCha would be all kinds of touchy with Kenickie so tried her best to make it very obvious she was with Tom.

Both Carmen and Kenickie were avoiding eachother as best as the could but every moment the other wasn't looking their eyes would linger.

"How you doing Zuko baby?" ChaCha muttered, making a point to annoy everyone standing around. Sandy was obviously agitated and Carmen could barely contain her anger. The fact that Kenickie even dared to ask the only girl Baby truly hated to the dance made her blood boil even more.

"Well, we're going to get a drink." Carmen stated loudly, breaking the awkward tension and spinning around on the balls of her feet before dragging Tom back with her.

The group continued to disperse before the dancing began. Carmen was planning her way out of dancing with mr two left feet yet still making an impression on Kenickie who so daringly began to dance suggestively with ChaCha. Not to mention the fact Rizzo had strolled in with Craterface on her arm.

Once the competition started Carmen chose to pull Tom away from the dance floor and to an area she knew they would all see, standing awkwardly for a moment or two knowing she'd regret what she was about to do, but not hesitating to pull on his head towards her and start kissing him. She knew all eyes were on her but it wasn't for long as couples had started to be disqualified and a fight had started between Kenickie and Craterface.

She pushed Tom back and made her way towards the crowd, watching as they threw hands at eachother. Soon she ignored the situation and moved back to Tom, her plan wasn't working particularly well so she decided to sit down instead. Only for him to pull her towards the dance floor, reluctantly giving in she moved to dance with him.

With a sigh she stood back, allowing Kenickie to push past the pair. He heard her and turned before leaving, one swift move and Tom was now on the floor. "Kenickie! What the hell?!" She moved to Tom who looked in pain,  the t-bird ignoring her.

A teacher joined Carmen on the floor, with ice and someone's jacket, he seemed to be in better hands than with her, so Baby decided to follow the person she would have loved to knock out herself.

"What on earth was that for?!"

"Come on Baby don't play dumb!" Kenickie replied making Carmen even more infuriated.

"What the hell is wrong with you! You make me feel like the only girl in the world and then you shatter it all by saying it all to other girls and then you have the cheek to beat up my date and act like I'm the one in the wrong."

He ignored her outpouring and rolled his eyes, what even was the point anymore, he had fucked everything up in one night. So instead of bothering with his shit, she walked away, who knows where to, just as long as it was away from him.

"Baby come back!" He remained close behind.

"Fuck off Kenickie!" Carmen was not ready to give up.

"Can't you fucking see it. I'm in love with you!"

"Then why do you keep fucking it up!" She cried aloud.

"I don't know, I don't know how to do this Baby. And don't act like you do either."

"I hate you more than anyone right now, and that's really hard Nickie. You know why, because for ages I've put up with your shit because I thought maybe just maybe you would come to your senses and see I was there all along. But you know what, you've ruined it all. So please don't follow me." She continued to cry, facing him while he stood dejected.

"Baby!" Kenickie called one last time as she walked away from him.