𝓣𝓮𝓷

Carmen reached back into the studebaker for her purse, school had been boring since Frenchy dropped out and often times she never even bothered going to class.

But that day was different, the National bandstand were coming in little under a week and she still didn't have a date. So that morning she set out to find one, anyone, well not anyone.

"Could she wear anything less?" Danny tutted watching his cousin strut across the school car park.

"Stop looking then." Kenickie replied attempting to cover the fact he was looking too but for different reasons.

"Hey you still going to the dance?" Danny asked turning to his best friend.

"Man, I'm going to have the hottest date there." Kenickie replied. His plan was fairly simple, if Carmen wouldn't accept him showing her how he felt then he would make her realise what she was losing. But things could never be that simple.

*

"Hiya Tom." Carmen smiled and waved. Her plan was simple, get Tom to ask her to the dance, get over Kenickie and make him jealous in the process. And of course it wouldn't hurt to help out Danny either.

"Hi Carmen." He chuckled awkwardly.

"How ya doing?" She asked walking closer to him so she could play with his shirt flirtatiously.

"Ha, alright." He replied simply, still just as awkward as before.

"You got a date for the dance, Tom?" Carmen asked looking up into his eyes.

"Huh, no. Why?" Tom asked seeming lost in her eyes.

"Well neither do I." She sighed, working her sad puppy dog charms. Planting the message in his head.

"Well, uhh. Maybe you could go with me?" He asked smiling at the prospect.

"Oh my god, really." Carmen smiled widely, charming him further.

*

"You got a date to the dance then?" Rizzo asked looking back to Carmen who was shuffling in her baby blue dress as Frenchy attempted to fix the hem.

"Yeah, no one special." Carmen smiled looking back at herself in the mirror.

"Don't say that Carmen, I'm sure the prettiest girl in the schools got the best date there." Frenchy stated, making Baby blush and Rizzo snarl at the thought.

"I wonder if Danny's going to take Sandy?" Marty asked looking up at Frenchys ceiling while sat in her prom dress.

"Nah she'll be going with that airhead walrus." Rizzo replied, smiling at her own insult.

"Yeah but he's sure good looking." Marty countered, filling Carmen with a little more pride and reassurance that her plan would work.

"You going with Putz, Jan?" Carmen asked changing the subject as she stepped away from Frenchy and towards the mirror so she could check her dress.

"Yeah, I mean I hope so. He hasn't asked me yet but we're going to the drive in tomorrow and I think he'll ask me."

"Nice." Carmen replied before checking the time and realising she had to rush off. "I'm sorry girls but I've got a family dinner in ten minutes so I best be off."

*

Carmen reentered her childhood home to see her sister handing out plates and laughing at something someone else had said.