𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷

"Baby, where are you going?" Her mother called as Baby sprinted down the stairs in a short pencil skirt and tight blouse.

"I'm going to the drive-in, to watch a movie with French and Marty."

"You can't wear that Baby. Is it only Frenchie and Marty? You're not trying to impress a boy are you... You know I don't like that Marty, I don't think she's a very good influence on you." Her mom rambled, boring Carmen as she stood at the bottom of the stairs taking the lecture.

"No mom, I'll change. I'm just going with the girls but I think Danny is taking Sandy."

Carmen ran back up to her room, throwing her clothes around her room a second time to find some pants and a loose fitting sweater. It wasn't the outfit she had planned but she guessed it would do.

On the way to the drive-in she picked up the other pink ladies. They sat gossiping in her car the whole way, while Baby sat contemplating the events of the past few weeks. She just couldn't get Kenickie out of her mind. It was like he was quietly living in there, waiting for Baby to just admit to herself she really did like him.

"Oh my god... Baby, you're doing it again." Marty remarked, twirling her hair in the passenger seat.

"What's that?" She replied with little to no emotion.

"I don't know, it's like you're possessed or something."

"Yeah like you were, Marty, when that Chuck guy broke things off with you. Completely ruined you. You didn't speak for a whole week." Jan added.

"Yeah that's right, it's like you're broken up or something." Marty continued.

"Of course not. Umm you know a family friend passed." She lied through gritted teeth.

"Oh jeez Baby, sorry." Jan and French replied.

"Anyway, where's Rizz? I've gotta talk to her." Marty changed the subject as the car pulled up and the girls started to hop out.

Marty and Jan quickly separated from French and Carmen as they headed of to find the others while the latter went to grab some popcorn.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier Baby? I feel real bad for letting Marty go on like that."

"Oh don't worry French, I lied to get her off my back." Despite the look of shock Frenchie didn't continue to press the situation, rather starting another conversation about another school rumour.

Even whilst talking to her best friend, Carmen just couldn't shake the thought of Kenickie. Knowing he'd probably here too, made her every move even more hesitant. The two took their popcorn and colas back to Baby's car and sat waiting for the film to start.

"I've gotta go to the little ladies room, I'll be back in a minute." French called, walking away.

Already Carmen spotted couples kissing in the front seats and one or two moving to the back and the film had only just begun. The movie completely disinterested her, not even knowing what the plot was, as people watching was far more interesting. Some younger kids didn't even have cars and just snuck under the wire fences. While groups that had arrived together split off leaving way too many more people out of their cars than in. But it was cold, with the chill of winter nights starting to cut through, making Carmen grateful she had her own car.

French had been gone a while but Carmen assumed there was a queue as most girls used the bathroom to touch up their makeup. Without French or the others it became increasingly more boring sat alone waiting. Her eyes grew heavier, not focusing so much on her surroundings as a figure approached the car.

"Hey Baby. Open the window!" Someone called, tapping the glass beside her.

"Oh my god. Nickie what was that for!" She jumped, rolling down the window to talk.

"You here alone?"

"No, French is here."

"I don't see her."

"I don't see your car?" She replied without a usually witty comeback.

"Yeah well Putz and Jan are doing something in it." He said with discomfort at the thought.

"Ooh. What do you want Kenick?"

"To talk. You gonna let me in or what." He smirked waiting for her to unlock the passenger door.

"You know I shouldn't. Danny would find this weird you know. He'd be real mad if he found out."

"What's he got to be mad about. It's just two friends sat in a car watching some crappy film." Kenickie replied, sitting beside her with a large smile across his face.

"I can't forgive you. You know that right."

"You can't forget me either."

"Stop Kenickie. You're my cousin's friend and that's it."

"I can't forget you though Baby. You're all I think about. Everyday. I can't escape you even if I try. Every other girl just isn't you."

"Nickie please..." Carmen pleaded halfheartedly, shutting her eyes in desperation. Kenickie eased closer, gently touching their lips together. Her mind told her to pull back, but her heart softened, leaning further into the kiss.

For the brief moments they were intertwined, time stopped. All sound outside of the car, the movie, teens talking and cars pulling up were silent. As they parted for air, reality hit. The sound of Marty gossiping neared. Carmen drew further away and pushed Kenickie back into the passenger seat, cleaning herself up in the rear view mirror. Tilting her head backwards, shutting her eyes to resume the position where Kenickie found her.

"Kenickie! We've got to talk." Marty said reaching the car, yet to acknowledge Baby in the drivers side.

"Huh?" He seemed shocked, with slight hesitation and fear.

"It's Riz, she's got something to tell ya. Well, I could tell you..." she could never keep a secret or stop herself from spreading gossip.

"No Marty, shhh..." Frenchie attempted to hush Marty from telling everyone.

"Oh stop French, he's gonna find out." Marty spoke quickly, in a rush to spread the secret she had just been told. "Riz doesn't really want to say."

Kenickie stared at the two girls with confusion, "can someone tell me what the hell is going on."

"Rizzo's pregnant." Marty blurted out. Kenickie's face was filled with disbelief, hardly understanding the words that came from her mouth. Baby, staying quiet and with her eyes shut almost choked on her breath, shocked just as much as the rest.

 Baby, staying quiet and with her eyes shut almost choked on her breath, shocked just as much as the rest