10 • 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵

29.12.20

"He gave me this out of nowhere."

"It looks cute."

Jaemin hummed in agreement, dropping the plump stuffy into his lap once the beverage attendant appeared at their table. He helped her carefully place down the ordered drinks onto the chiffon-clothed surface, smiling wistfully at the cold treats.

"Thank you," he beamed at the lady before she walked away.

He directed his attention back to the plush on his lap, adoring its wide, watchful blue eyes that stared back up at him.

"Do you know why he gave it to you?" Jeno's soft, mature voice drew his eyes away from it.

Jaemin looked up to greet a serene sight of the one-day-known Seoul College student taking a delicate sip of his longan and lohan tea, holding the icy glass cup in a sophisticated way. Jaemin couldn't help but softly smile at that. The only other person who've ever made just simply drinking a cup of something look advertised and elegant was his late grandma. His smile only widened.

"What?" Jeno noticed a heartbeat later, clueless.

Jaemin laughed slightly, shaking his head.

"It's nothing. And no, I have no idea why he wanted to give one to me. For all I know, they were like prized possessions to him."

"There's more than one?"

"Huh?"

"The plush. He had more than one?"

"Oh yeah. There was a bigger one with black eyes but that one was dusty."

"Cute."

"Mmh, but I don't understand why he would give one to me. I only held them in my hands when I was over, I never said I liked them."

"So do you want the plush or will you give it back?"

"I do like it but it's his and I'm confused if I should keep it or not."

Jaemin's face scrunched up in conflict, stirring the straw in his chrysanthemum tea and watching it push ice around. The clinking of the cold ice against hard glass satisfied Jaemin's fidgeting, but only for a little bit he could distract himself from the little dilemma.

He received a call from a new acquaintance, Lee Jeno, an hour after he'd finished up his last class today. That was after Renjun had witnessed him crying like an idiot and had shoved a recognisable stuffy into his chest before walking off, to his confusion.

Jaemin doesn't have Renjun's number, nor does he know all the classes the latter has since they're not close, so it was hard for Jaemin to search and hunt down the complicated Chinese student in the massive uni. He decided he'll talk to him whenever he bumps into him again, sooner or later. It shouldn't be that hard, but Jaemin's itching with curiosity and it's making him impatient and eager to see the other again. Strange. He never felt that way before, only with Haechan.

'Oh, don't think about Donghyuck now. He was the whole reason your mood had been spilt all over yourself in tears.'