9 • 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯

13.11.20

Author / Renjun

4th of December eased the heat back into everyone's bones on a warm Friday morning. Every trace of the cold that chased people into coats, long pants, jackets and winter-hiding melted away when the sun decided to be rightfully comfortable in its month of summer soon after the festivity. Raring cold, chilly and refreshing two nights ago, now shaken away by stingy warmth. It kinda woke everyone up on the wrong side of the bed.

"Nana!"

As soon as sugar-sweet Nancy saw him turn into the ground's hallway, wiping partially clammy hands against his white t-shirt from grabbing sweaty door handles, she quickly ran up to him. Nancy clung to his left arm, abruptly pulling him down one way, his left hand awkwardly limp, stopped midway wiping his shirt.

"Are you feeling better?"

"What do you mean?" The look she gave him got him adverting his eyes to her sparkly purple hair clips nervously. "...I was fine."

"I heard something happened to you Wednesday night though. I didn't know what, so I was just hoping you were okay. Renjun and Jisung also disappeared when we all met up after the games."

Her words were candied like a concerned mother's after not seeing him in uni for a day- just a Thursday without Jaemin- which confused him for the past weeks he has been friends with her. She is so sweet, yet she has never cared about much.

"...Yeah, about that. They took me home."

"Oh, I didn't know you guys were close."

"We're not."

"You're lying." Someone interrupted what Nancy was about to say on the matter herself.

Jaemin could hear the hint of disbelief and a little nudge of confrontation in Yuqi's usually bright tone. Something rather...unfamiliar, when she emerged from the crowd to stand next to Nancy and look up at him haughtily.

"You three ditched the festival to go hang out at your place without the rest of us right? Seriously, you guys and your boy pride."

'Well, hello to you too.'

He knew something like this to do with girls being bitchy and unhappy in social situations were about to come up sooner or later. They're girls, after all. Being a part of a mixed group of boys and girls in uni is like witnessing pubescent high school teens all over again; adults are just a little more problematic to deal with.

"Yuqi, we didn't do that. Renjun hated being buddy-buddy with everyone in the group, and knowing me I have never been able to strike a conversation with him anyway. You guys barely know Jisung since that night, only for a few hours, so why would I go with both of them if I didn't know them any better?" He glanced between the two shorter students, a little frustration building up.

He didn't have a good sleep, nor was the day before any better. His friendship with Haechan is in question, and he started to realise how nosy and clingy the girls are in the group.

He's a day late in studies because he took the day off to go home and attempt to rest instead, which didn't turn out well, so here he is when no-one contacted him to see if he was okay.