7 • 𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘭 𝘤𝘶𝘦

9.10.20

sorry! short chapter </3

Warm. The pavement below his feet were baked, reflecting white and hot from the overhanging sun; declaring its peak of noon. The skies of Seoul were a clear blue, wispy clouds pulled out across the crystal atmosphere in swabs like torn-off pieces of clothing here and there in hazy whites and a few meek greys. The world at this time was especially busy; some say peak hour for the traffic of the city ways, some say the most satisfying buzz for the urban community, some say it's the most annoying and dangerous, some love to roam its loud, chattering streets crowded by human life. Some don't even know it at all. People even sleep in the nooks and crannies of abandoned shopfronts, a constant most forgot existed.

Jaemin thought that the city was like any other place he's ever been to. A home wasn't a home, just a house, if your heart did not long for it. Same for this city. It wasn't something he enjoyed, or felt grateful for for such a 'well-off life of a city boy', it was just the only alliance he had until he could graduate. Maybe not with flying colours, but enough for him to move on.

So he doesn't know being surprised by properly strolling down white streets and utilising his walk to take in the surroundings was a part of the side effects of the pills he took. He was pretty taken aback actually, by how much of his home was a part of, a community so widespread and abundant he felt bad for never exploring it properly. The only places he ever roamed and recognised was the convenience store 15 minutes away from home down old streets, the path to college by foot, all the relevant train and bus stops for his need. He never really paid attention to the rest of the world he lived in.

Venues, entertainment locations, restaurants, even majestic statues and special landmarks looming big and built significant, Jaemin never found the time nor had the heart to want to remember those in all of this year living in the city. It was most evident when he turned up to embrace a wide landscape, cleared of all the demanding, tall and cluttered buildings of the city when he halted in recognition.

A park. The park, actually. It was the healthy green, carefully cleared out oval of last night where a casual festival prettied the blank canvas of the large, building-less ground. Sejong-daero. Now it's nothing but a oval fit for long runs, dog walks, sporting, just a little fun and vitamin D when the fairy lights were turned off and all the hawker stalls were long packed away.

He took a bit of his time watching two white Malts chase each other across the expanse of green; so jovial and energetic in his wake. Little white balls of fluff, chasing freedom and tasting the summer breeze. One had partial black spots across its white fur, barking excitement as it tore across the park with its companion. They reminded him of Renjun's collection of Moomin plushies.

There was a slight breeze, gently lifting into a rushed breath against Jaemin's hair every now and then. Dark strands fell into his eyes when all he could focus on was the serenity of nature, not stopping him to even blink. It was so relaxing here.

He hugged himself to brace against the wind, feeling the sun's heat warm his back and his black attire at the same time. Yeah, he's still wearing what he wore yesterday. The plan he had to have a normal, maybe a fun evening turned into having a headache and passing out which took him nowhere near home nor college. He wanted to head home straight after to study and prepare for his classes yestoday (a/n: under-appreciated bop), but nothing went according to plan.