4 • 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘺 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘰𝘰𝘯

20.9.20

"I don't know what to wear.." Jaemin murmured to himself, shuffling impatiently through his untouched clothes. "There must be something nice in here at least."

As soon as he got home from college, he'd carelessly dumped his BT21 Van tote bag onto his bed, on the edge, with no second thought, even when his transparent pencil case bounced out and clattered to the floor soundly. His favourite mechanical pencils from Typo, Sei's glitter highlighters and some loose change from Renjun couldn't be minded when his head was everywhere but there. It was after the café that his sub-conscience couldn't stop bugging him about the littlest things to come tonight.

He was hoping there was one article of clothing that looked decently good enough for going out, and good enough to not look like he bought it from a thrift store and left it to rot in the furthest corner of his boring, boring closet. White printed tees, black turtlenecks, some grey collared shirts. Mostly pressed, hung-up school uniforms- oh yeah, and lots of random other few coloured tops that wouldn't match with anything. He never thought about shopping for new clothes that he actually liked and should've donated the ones he barely wore to charity. Then again, if he ever made the effort to update his horrid closet, he'd never wear the new pieces of clothes twice out because, you guessed it, he's an unsociable ass and barely hits the city or anywhere crowded.

Na Jaemin, ace student of Neo College since January of his second year in a standard college, had many girls crushing on him the first few weeks since his transfer this Jan. Guys threatened to beat him up for stealing their chance at getting chocolate on White Day in March, becoming teachers' favourite soon after, earning some sort of popularity he never asked for then letting it all slowly die down in August. Him being a total write-off for dating and social interactions makes him not as special as you think he is, but damn was he popular. He never used that to his advantage, so over time he was just known as the ace student– nothing more. That was a great achievement, but Na Jaemin and his awkward ass can't really say it is when he's so outdated with everything.

Especially his clothes.

Having a cluttered mind, his eyes finally lit up upon spotting a particular article after frantically swiping through his plastic coat hangers and their boring hanging materials.

"I'll just wear this and some shorts...ah, it'll be cold tonight." He grumbled at the last part, chewing on his irritated lips. "I need some long jeans, or something."

He peeled the newly acquired oversized black shirt off the hanger first, smoothing it against the front of his body to measure its size. It's still down to his mid thighs, surprisingly enough. He hasn't grown since last year. It was a plain, barely worn black t-shirt, but an idea swept through him like a gust of summer breeze when he scanned his eyes over his room feverishly.

A red-and-black checkered long-sleeve tee hung idly on his coat hanger stand in the corner of his room, bright enough to be noticed. He forgot he wore that once last week to go buy something at the convenience store, just 10 minutes away from home during a cold 11:30 PM hunger raid.

'I can make do with this.'

He'd wear the patterned long sleeve and layer the oversized black tee over it, and probably just wear short black ripped jeans he saw just a second ago. Yeah, despite realising the fact that tonight would be cold and he hated showing his legs, but then ultimately deciding it would be night so no-one would really notice. Jaemin gathered the clothes, put his phone on charge and went to have a quick shower. He felt excited for a night out, and forgot about the migraines, and how tired he was of being tired. It's just a night, he thought. What could go wrong?