2 • 𝘩𝘢𝘸𝘬𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘴

5.9.20

It was around 8:50 AM when Jaemin found the strength to wake up. His body was hot and tired, forehead wet with perspiration, head aching sallowly and cold chills still managed to run down his spine. He was really sick; just slightly less dead.

He opened his eyes slowly, fingers twitching. He blearily scanned the white cracked ceiling above him, moisture in the corner of his eyes indicating feverish tears. Jaemin's thought process took a while to come back to him, but when it did, some sort of confusion immediately decorated his face.

'Didn't I...pass out on the floor?'

He was surprisingly mistaken. His body was elevated, the mattress soft underneath his body. No, he couldn't have woken up sometime in the morning to put himself back to bed properly. He was sure he was out dead cold the whole time, splayed out ugly on the uncomfortable hard wooden floorboards right outside his room of gran's house. But why...

Getting up faster than he should've for his heavy conscience, Jaemin gasped as a slight panic arose in his chest to a sudden realisation, feet quickly hitting the floor, arms frantically gathering new clothes.

"Goddammit I'm late for class."

The alarm clock next to him didn't convince him otherwise.

He didn't give much thought about where he passed out because it's probably his mind messing with him again. And decidedly so, he brushed it aside. The white blanket was on his bed when he woke up, though, and he forgot it fell to the floor last night. Whatever. Being late for the first time in his life as student rep was even more deteriorating.

"P-Professor!" Jaemin bursted through the class unceremoniously, hair unkempt from running to college.

Mr Moon, in the middle of a lecture, startled on his spot when the door opened with a BANG! Doorknob hitting the back of the wall with an unpleasant sound.

All the students were equally surprised, perplexed beyond their own understanding. Realising what he just did, Jaemin stood there awkwardly, embarrassment filling his cheeks pink soon after.

"Na Jaemin. Care to explain why you're late?" Professor Moon crossed his arms over his chest, giving his top pupil a stern look. "Not to mention your inappropriate entrance. Actually, I'll speak to you after class."

"Wait, I–" Jaemin stepped forward, but halted and bit his lips hard to stop himself from being more impulsive.

"Huh? What? Just take your seat, Jaemin. We're gonna wrap up soon so lend notes from your peers. Okay class, focus back up here!"

The teacher disregarded Jaemin's very unusual behaviour, already internally forgiving the boy but he can't show that outside because he didn't treat his other students like that so it would seem unfair if he did.

Jaemin couldn't look up. He was sweating and panting trying to catch his breath, the adrenaline and nervousness numbing the headache he had hours ago. He knew it'll come back raw, he didn't take his pills and forgot to pack them before he rushed out of his house. What topped his nervousness was disappointment, followed after humiliation as he quickly sat down, too shaken up and embarrassed to focus on the class straight away like he always did.