1 • 𝘤𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘦 𝘥𝘳𝘰𝘱𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘮𝘶𝘴𝘪𝘤

4.9.20

'Ugh...headache,' Jaemin slowly sat up on his bed with a clammy hand against his irritatingly warm forehead one sticky summer night, Wednesday 2nd of December spotted on his large desk calendar.

The white blanket that was already fallen down to his torso slipped off his body completely when he raised a knee, useless fabric falling silently to the carpeted floor stained old with spilled drinks. Not to mention some other few stains he forgot to question. He was probably too young back then to know what he did, for he brought food to his room too often when he had the chance. Oh, the old times.

Speaking of time, he blearily glanced towards the digital alarm clock next to him on the mahogany bedside table to have bearing of an illusion such as.

The red, blocky numbers glared back at him indifferently, blurry and incoherent. It screamed at him saying it was way too late and wee early for him to be up having killer migraines.

3:00 AM.

'Exactly what I need...' The college student inadvertently groaned, too tired with himself to deal with himself the more his brain kept him sleep-deprived for no apparent reason.

Disgruntled and feeling heavy in the head– and everywhere else emotionally capable of being weighed down– the boy wanted nothing more but to fall back to sleep but of course, he would've done this long time ago if he could've, fast and easy. Unfortunately his body still wanted to fuck with him ever since so why not ruin the rest of his attempts at a proper sleep schedule to add on to the throes of his college life?

The gross hot air shifted slightly when he slid his window open, wanting at least a small breeze. He was disappointed when it wasn't the cool, fresh wind that he was hoping for. It was the humid type. God, he was sweating.

Jaemin sighed, closing his eyes briefly as he decided. He swung his legs out of bed, hearing the wooden planks underneath the soles of his feet creak softly. He took sluggish steps to the door, feeling everything sway in his head.

'Take it easy...' He reminded himself, reaching for the doorknob.

Jaemin shuffled his way out of his room then down the wooden stairs to the kitchen and the living room, everything blanketed in darkness. He missed the switch for the lights in the kitchen, too bothered to be another type of bothered. The only sound he could hear was his own heart beating and his fucked-up head pounding, socked feet colliding heavily with the old floors below him being the only movement in the house.

Jaemin took the next few minutes pouring himself a cup of cold, icy water from the fridge dispenser and swallowing headache pills, tempted to take more than he needed because that bitch still hurt like hell. He braced his palms against the marble kitchen counter when the migraines climbed to its peak, clenching his jaw and squeezing his eyes closed. Discomforted fingers curled inwards to dig crescents into his sweaty palms, fists shaking on the surface of the table as he tried supporting his legs from collapsing inwards.

"Oh God..." he breathed out through gritted teeth, sullen pain knocking his brain out with a jackhammer.

Tears slipped through the tightly shut seams of his eyelids, pooling small splotches on the table. Soon enough, his head stopped spinning and the world stopped shaking in complete darkness. He opened his eyes slowly, blurred and unfocused, slightly less dizzy. His head was throbbing but not so much. This weather was killing him. Downing the rest of the cold water he then made his way back up the steps, only ever stopping to crash just right outside his bedroom, nearly making it,