Chapter 11

Neil held the file closely while walking out of the Police Station towards his car. He settled inside the car and gave a look to the files before driving towards his condo.

The Dark Room, Neil's Condo,

Neil placed the files on floor and made himself comfortable near Avni's photo frame. He was well aware that the files had some information regarding the incidents which happened in his absence. Maybe today was the day when all his questions would be answered. Those questions which were ignored by everyone. Those questions whose answers were denied to him.

His first question was, How did Ayesha Maa died? Why did Avni disappear? What happened to Ayesha Maa's unborn child? What happened that Neela Parikh adopted Avni? Most importantly how can the police confirm so confidently that Avni died when they didn't even find her dead body?

He still remembers that day when he returned from the workshop. How he was all excited to meet Avni after whole 15 days. Who knew that the 15 days would convert into 15 years and still he wouldn't even get a glimpse of her? 

He remembered how joyfully he entered his house only to find his family crying and wailing. The sight of Ayesha and Avni's photos with garlands around them still haunts him. He closed his eyes remembering that fateful day.

Flashback:

As the car got parked outside the Khanna Mansion, a 14 years old Neil jumped out of it. He ran inside the mansion hoping that his Avi and Ayesha Maa would be inside waiting to welcome him. The excitement of meeting his Avi after whole 15 days was clearly visible on his face.

Instead of the sight of Avni and Ayesha welcoming him he met with the sight of his family dressed all white crying and mourning. He froze at the spot, all confused about his surrounding. His heart felt an unknown fear. His heartbeat, so loud that he could hear it. 

He took slow and small steps and moved forward only to see Avni and Ayesha's photo with garlands. He was shocked would be an understatement. It felt as if the ground slipped under his feet. He was not able to believe his eyes, It was just 15 days ago when everything was fine, then what went wrong. He fell on his knees gaining the attention of his family.

Shweta and Bebe rushed towards him and gathered him in their embrace. Bebe hugged him tightly while he remained motionless, his eyes still glued at the photos of Avni and Ayesha.

Shweta- Tillu. Tillu--

Neil-(interupts)- Mom yeh kya tamasha laga rakha hai? Hataiye yeh sab. Yeh mala hataiye Avi aur Ayesha Maa ki photo se. Mom what spectacle is this? Remove all this. Remove these garlands from Avi and Ayesha Maa's photos.

Shweta- Tillu beta yeh--  Tillu son this--

Neil-(interupts)- Yeh kya mom? Maine kaha hataiye yeh sab. Nahi hataengi na? Toh thik hai main hi hata deta hoon. What this mom? I said remove all this. You won't remove this? Fine then I will do it.

He quickly comes out of Bebe's hold and lunges towards the photo. He pulls the garlands harshly and was about to rip it into pieces when his mother held his hand firmly. He looked at his mother with teary bloodshot eyes.

Shweta- Tillu yahi sach hai. Teri Ayesha Maa aur Avi ab iss duniya mein nahi hai beta. Hamne khud Ayesha ki laash dekhi hai. Tillu this is the truth. Your Ayesha Maa and Avi are no more. We saw Ayesha's dead body.

Neil- Aur Avi? Iska toh koi saboot nahi ki Avni bhi Mar chuki hai. Bhale hi aap logon ne Ayesha Maa ki laash dekhi par Avi ki toh nahi dekhi thi na? Avi zinda hai. Mujhe pata hai meri Avni zinda hai. And Avi? You don't have a proof that even Avni is dead. Although you all have seen Ayesha Maa's dead body but you didn't see Avi's dead body. Avi is alive. My Avni is alive.