Chapter 13

Next Morning, 

Avni woke up with a bright smile on her face as today she was going to meet Neil at his Police Station. She jumped off the bed and walked towards the washroom to get ready for the day. 

Within 15 minutes she stood outside the washroom dressed in her grey printed maxi top with black jeans. She let her hair open and walked out of the room taking all the necessary documents needed for the case. She walked towards Neela Maa and kissed her cheek wishing her good morning.

Neela Maa cupped her right cheek while returning her wish as well as the kiss. She served Avni her breakfast and their chit chats continued until she noticed Avni having files with her. She immediately questioned her about it.

Neela- Avni, yeh files? Avni, these files?

Avni- Woh Maa aaj mujhe Neil ke police station jana padega. Maa today I have to go meet Neil in his Police station hence these are needed.

Neela Maa didn't missed the twinkle in her eyes with the mere mention of visiting Neil. She wished that some miracle happens and Neil recognizes his Avni. It is only with him that the Avni who was lost long ago would be found. The childish Avni. That innocent girl who was forced to become so heartless. His Avni, who was hidden behind the cover of Ananya Verma.

Avni finished her breakfast as Neela Maa was busy in her thoughts. She left her seat and gathered the files wanting to leave. She kissed Neela Maa's forehead bidding her bye to which she replied smilingly. Avni walked out of the Parikh House and drove towards the Police Station.

Her face was adorned with a huge smile. A smile which was not seen on her face for the past 15 years. She was humming with the radio throughout her way to the Police Station.

The gush of emotions she had the previous night were not evident anymore. 15 years given a long time she was well aware how to hide her emotions and feelings. It was only him in front of whom she would fall weak and let the walls around her heart be demolished.

She was well trained in suffocating her wishes as well as emotions. How much she wishes to reveal him that she is his Avni. All she wished for was a happy family was that too much to ask for? If not with her Mumma and Papa couldn't she have a happy family with her Neil?

Seems like God was too cruel on her in the past that now she refuses to accept anything from him. The family God is offering her can't be accepted by her. She already lost her everything. Her Mumma, her Papa, her brother, her dream of a happy family even her identity. She can't afford to lose anything else. Loosing her Neil, not at any cost.

It's in her hands to protect her loved ones from that demon Dayawanti Mehta. A lady who didn't flinched once before firing at her own granddaughter wouldn't think twice before harming Neil. Avni pressed the brake while putting a halt on the car as well as her thoughts.

She got out of the car while making sure all her files were properly and systematically arranged. She looked at the entrance of the Police Station and took a deep sigh before walking towards it. Just as she was about to step inside the Police Station a loud wail echoed making her stop abruptly.

Neil's Condo, This morning.

The revelations from the previous day were still hard for Neil to accept. He had a splitting headache. The mere thought of Avni suffering this much was making him shake with anger and guilt. He felt guilty for not being there to support her in her hardest times.

He clenched his fist remembering how she was termed illegitimate even in the Police records. Although he had swore to take revenge from Dayawanti Mehta still he was completely oblivious about what to do next.