Chapter 12

She closed her eyes to remember how she was pleading her own father to believe her, how she was accused and blamed by him. When she was expecting him to hug her tightly and console her, he broke all ties with her. Her own father disowned her. When she needed him the most he was standing in front of her being against her.

As all these thoughts clouded her mind she felt weak on her knees. Just when she was about to touch the ground she felt two soft and delicate hands wrap around her. She felt being pulled into a warm embrace. A motherly embrace. She tried clutching it more to find solace. She slowly looked up to meet the teary eyes of her Neela Maa.

Neela- Tumhe kuch nahi hoga bacha. I promise. Mujhe pata hai ki tum Ayesha Ji ki maut ki zimmedar nahi ho. I trust you bacha. Nothing will happen to you bacha. I know you are not responsible for Ayesha Ji's death. I trust you bacha. 

Avni gave her a knowing smile. Neela Maa entered the scene like an angel. The trust she expected from Ashish Mehta was being showered upon her by her Neela Maa. It was at this moment that Neela Maa got the place of mother in Avni's heart.

Although she wasn't her birth mother but she acquired a place which comes much above than that. Avni knew the sacrifices Neela had made for her and her mother. Only to provide Avni a happy family she let go of her childhood love. It was only for her and Ayesha Maa's sake that neela maa gave divorce to Ashish Mehta. Seen how the society treats divorced women, Neela Maa had taken a very bold tep.

As all these thoughts were going on in Avni's mind suddenly she felt being pulled away from her Neela Maa, She flinched on loosing the warmth of her now mother,

Tears were flowing from her eyes as she saw Neela Maa trying to convince Ashish Mehta her so-called father to set her free. Ashish being blinded in the grief and the sugar-coated words of his mother completely ignored Neela's pleas.

As a constable came forward with handcuffs Avni called out to Neela Maa. Neela Maa looked at Avni who was completely freaked out by then. Neela Maa tried stopping the constable but was held back by Ashish Mehta. It was the words he spoke after that, that broke Avni completely.

Ashish- Neela, yeh ladki ek criminal hai. Isne meri Ayesha ka khoon kiya hai. Woh jail mein sadhne layak hai. Usse jaane do. Woh issi layak hai aur main yeh make sure karunga ki isse fansi ki saza mile. Neela this girl is a criminal. She killed my Ayesha. She deserves to rot in jail. Lat her go. She deserves this and I will make sure that she would be hanged to death.

Avni stopped all the resistances she was showing at once. This was her father talking to get her hanged to death. Neela Maa jerked Ashish away from her. She didn't think twice before slapping him right on his face. Ashish palmed his right cheek while looking at Neela in disbelief. 

Neela- Avni masoom hai. Ashish kya tumhe apne khud ke aur Ayesha Ji ke upbringing par bharosa nahi hai? Tum apni beti ke baare mein yeh sab kaise bol sakte ho? Avni yeh sab deserve nahi karti. Avni heera hai, Ashish. Mujhe pura yakeen hai ki jald hi tumhe apni galti ka ehsaas hoga. Lekin tab tak sayad bohat der ho chuki hogi. Tab tum pachatane ke siva kuch nahi kar paoge. Tumne jo kaha , jo kiya aur jaisa bartaav Avni ke saath kiya hai uske liye tum bohat pachtaoge. Aaj ke baad tumhara Avni ke saath koi rishta nahi hai. Na tumhara na tumhari family ka. Aaj se main uski Maa hoon aur meri beti ke khilaf kuch kehne ki himmat mat karna. Ab main make sure karungi ki Avni uss jail se sahi salamat wapas aaye. sirf 10 dino mein main usse bahar laungi aur tum kuch nahi kar paoge. Avni is innocent. Ashish don't you trust your and Ayesha Ji's upbringing? How could you say all this to her being her father? Avni doesn't deserve this. Avni is a gem, Ashish. I am pretty sure that soon you will realize your mistake. but it would be too late till then. Then all you can do is repent. Repent for the words you spoke, the actions you did and the behaviour you showed Avni today. From today you have no relation with her. Neither you nor your family. I am her mother from today and dare you say anything against my daughter. Now I will make sure that she comes out of that jail safe and sound. In just 10 days i will bring her out od there and you won't be able to do anything.