Chapter Seven

CINDER WOKE UP TO the sound of a beeping heart monitor. Adri stood above her scowling, but Cinder could tell she'd been crying. The woman's eyes were red and her cheeks were wet with new tears.

"Care to explain why you took my daughter to a junk yard?" She choked.

Cinder sat straighter in the hospital bed. By the look on her face she knew Adri was about to blow. But still she asked, "Where's Peony?"

"Where's Peony?" Adri outraged, "She's in surgery and in critical condition because of you! I get a call from the hospital to hear my daughter got in a car crash, I race to the basement to get in the car and find it gone, Cinder. I call a cab and when I get here I find you. Perfectly fine! Nothing but a few scrapes and bruises here and there! But then they tell me about Peony...my daughter has several broken ribs, a perforated lung, and a broken femur! How? Cinder, how did you come out without nothing but a few bruises and it's my daughter that's about to die?"

By this point in time Adri had already been sobbing since she said the first "you."

No, Peony couldn't die. She would be fine. The two of them would go back to staying up late in the garage working on cars and laptops tomorrow.

"This is it, Cinder." Adri spoke after her tears dried. All the grief was stripped away with nothing but a dark expression. "I already signed the papers. You're going into foster care. I can't deal with you any longer. The last thing Garan told me was to take care of you...but our girls come first, and seeing as that you nearly killed one, well, I'm taking care of you now...by getting rid of you."

Cinder couldn't find the words. As much as she hated Adri, foster care was worse.

"Adri, please--"

"No! I am not dealing with you anymore. You are a disgusting orphan that I never wanted to deal with in the first place!" Cinder shuddered at her words. "You get your junk out of the apartment tomorrow, and then leave my family alone. They already a a foster family lined up."

Cinder tried to get up and follow her, but a nurse came in and pushed her down. "You need to relax, you've been through a lot dear." The nurse injected a needle in the IV. Soon enough Cinder felt her eyes getting heavy. The last thing she remembered was thinking it was all her fault that Peony was probably going to die.

_________________________________________________________

Hello Lunartics!

Sorry this is a filler chapter :/ But hey, it's an update on one put of four of my LC stories...three to go...and then I have to start that new book I mentioned in "How to Tell You're Obsessed with the Lunar Chronicles." If you are in desperate need of an update on one of my books, consult the book in my works titled "Updates." I will not pay attention to the requests in the comments of this book.

I'm going to die surrounded by the biggest idiots in the galaxy,
PrincessSelene04