chapter 6;

breaking the image of the Sun...

     "Boke, Hinata, boke!!"

     The blue-headed boy screamed as the volleyball hit the floor of the court, making a soft sound as everyone went silent, just watching the little middle blocker standing there not making any move, trying to process everything that was around him, while his mind was completely dark.

     Karasuno was in the middle of a game against Nekoma when Kageyama set the ball for his duo and favorite spiker on the team, the short ginger. But, as the ball reached their highest point, they didn't see any little crow there to hit it. He didn't even jump, his mind went black and he couldn't see or hear anyone until he felt someone's hands on his shoulders shaking him violently.

     He needed more than four or five seconds to be able to see his setter in front of him, his expression was terrifying, and even though the ginger could hear the loud noise of the other scold, he couldn't understand a word. Everything seems to get worse when the whole team approached to stop the fight. Daichi was with a serious face as he made his way into the two first years, it was oblivious how mad he was, but that doesn't seem to be worth to make Kageyama slow down.

     "Kageyama! Hinata! You two stop it, now!"

     Hinata's eyes were fixed at the ground, all the scream and fuss were making his chest tremble, it was like everyone was angry at him and this just made the boy shrink. The taller boy finally got away from Shouyou, and just mumble a "Tsk" for their captain. They all made a circle towards the middle blocker and started to ask a lot of things at the same time, but everything that he could hear was the fast beat of his heart.

     At some point coach Ukai appear in the middle of them, the boy who was like the Karasuno's Sun was still paralyzed and as he thought that nothing could get worse, his coach finally spoke, proving he was completely wrong...

     "Hinata - he started, but suddenly stop, then sighing -, what's getting into you today? If you continue like that, I won't have another option then bench you" - the older man finished his sentence with a serious expression on his face.

      "...bench you" - "...bench you" - "I'll... bench you..." that was the only thing Hinata heard as a loop on his head, everything else stopped and he finally lost his breath. The scared and confused boy made two back steps shrugging, "when breath became so hard" he though, while everyone around him was trying to understand the boy's behavior, that seconds later broke down hitting the ground while shake and breath hardly, cold sweat dripping down his forehead and his hand holding tightly the shirt he was wearing.

     For Hinata to have everyone looking at him was like the scariest thing he had ever experienced. His brain just could think about bad words coming from his team, "Weak" - "Why he's still in the team?" - "You suck Hinata" - "You'll never reach me. You'll never be able to do this without me!" - "You're just here because of Kageyama" - "Just give up already and stop being a bother for us!", all this hurt him so bad... Even if he knew these phrases were just something created by his own mind, it was so real and loud that he might just feel for them.

     While Hinata collapsed on the ground, the others were confused and full of fear over the little middle blocker. They'd be lying if said that they all realized something off with him during the time they spent in the training camp, but now, that he was barely breathing in front of them, concern and guilt-filled their hearts...

     Well, at least most of them were. There was one person who was oblivious to the whole situation, the tall middle blocker of Karasuno was at the corner drinking his water calmly, not paying attention to the others, but it didn't last long, 'cuz during the chaos one shout, in particular, made the boy look at the fuss. Tsukishima's eyes widen as he saw Tadashi and the others trying to calm down a little ginger the was having a panic attack on the ground with the others screaming and scaring the boy even more.

What happened next was quite unexpected, the boy couldn't control his body and as soon as possible he was running through the court till his team, needing to reach Hinata. He needed to make the Sun feel safe, even though he didn't know why, which wasn't something that he had time to think about at the moment, so he just chose ignore and focus on saving the other male...