chapter 1;

the gift to the Sun... 

     Hinata Shouyou is a very cheerful and lovely person, who's always with a bright smile on his face. He's like the Sun, shining and warming everyone around him. His energy and unstoppable determination have always been a power the no one could expect or stop, so they end up being infected by the kind-hearted little ginger and his huge thirst for victory.

     But nothing is perfect... And as everyone says, sometimes the brightest person is the one that is swallowed up inside by the darkness. The biggest smile can hide nights of crying. And the Sun can be dying, but still, shine for everyone, 'cuz his job is to bring happiness and hope, even if he's made of sadness and fell holpeless... He'll just pretend and live another day smiling, even if he wanted that day was the last one.

     Hinata wasn't okay, he knew it. The jumpiness that kept him awake at night; his mind that was always full of thoughts trying to predict what would happen next or brooding all the mistakes that he already did. Beyond the constant feeling of not being enough for his team or a good son and big brother... He knew that all these things weren't normal to fell. He knew, but couldn't do anything to change all of this alone, so he just pretends, for his family, teachers, teammates, and coach. He said "I'm fine" when he wanted to scream for help; he smiled when he couldn't even feel himself anymore and he comforts and helped everyone when he was the one who most needed help...

     Of course, he wasn't pretending about everything, he loves his family, he also loves play volleyball with his teammates, and other friends, he always tries his best to be someone useful for them and to reach his dream. But, despite all this, when he's alone in his room, it's like ghosts come to torment him, whispering his deepest fear, the rejection. Making the boy believe that nothing that he does matter and no one really cares about him, that every person he ever met was faking and actually hates him. What made the little ginger hate himself even more... Ah, anxiety, what an amazing gift God gave him.