Part four- How much of all that did you hear?

Vanessa Pov-

All eyes were on me, staring at me, staring through me. My eyes however, locked with Nathan's saddened one's. I wanted to leave, I wanted to just escape from the awkward atmosphere.

I felt like I had done wrong, when I hadn't. Jay had said all the things, not me. Yet, I felt the guilt inside me. 

''C'mon babe, let's go.'' Tom soothed, his arm around my waist and leading me out of Jay's flat. 

Nobody spoke but for now, I preferred it that way. I just wanted to get as far away from anyone as I could right now. Tears were still pouring out of my eyes and I felt un-easy, like I was going to faint as the stairs from Jay's flat got fewer and fewer..

''How much of all that did you hear?'' I suddenly piped up and asked Tom. ''All of it.'' He mumbled. ''It was out of order for Jay to say those things to you.'' He added. ''He's just jealous, he didn't mean it.'' Tom shrugged and I sighed. ''What's going on with you recently, Vanessa?'' Tom questioned.

''You won't hate me when I tell you? You won't judge me?'' I checked. ''You know me Nessa, I promise.'' Tom smiled, reassuring me. I nodded and took a deep breath. 

''I've been thinking for a while about me and Nathan.'' I started and Tom's eyes widened. ''No! I am not breaking up with him!'' I raised my voice slightly to get the point across and Tom's face relaxed again. ''After everything we've been through and how something always managed to ruin us, what if that happens again Tom? I can't keep hurting anyone, I can't keep losing him.'' I opened up.

''I know that you don't want to believe it Nessa, but the thing always coming between the two of you is Jay...'' Tom stated. ''You've got to let him go!'' He sighed. ''I have!'' I ordered. ''I have let him go Tom, don't you understand? He always comes back, he always makes me feel bad for what I've done, for always choosing Nathan and it kills me to know I've hurt someone like that!'' I explained.

''Jay does it out of spite, he knows that you'll always choose Nathan. And to be honest, he knows what he's doing to you and it's not fair, I really need to talk to him because he brings you down. And right now, he's out of order!'' Tom started to get angry. ''It's okay Tom, I can handle him.'' I shrugged. ''It's not okay Vanessa!'' Tom shouted. ''Jay is trying to ruin you and Nathan's relationship but he has gotta move on because it isn't fair! As much as I love him, he can't keep messing with my other friends!'' Tom pulled at his hair in frustration so I grabbed his hands to stop him.

''You and Nathan are perfect together, Nessa. It'll all work out and everything will be fine.'' And after hearing Tom say it, explain it and smile at it, I believed it. I genuinely believed that me and Nathan would be okay!

''You still have to talk to them both, you know?'' Tom asked, bringing back the annoying stuff. ''I know, I just hope Nathan's not mad at me or anything.'' I sighed. ''Why would he be mad? You did nothing wrong!'' Tom announced. I shrugged in reply. ''He looked pretty upset with what Jay said, I have to say.'' Tom muttered. 

''And as for Jay, we just need to sit down and talk to him.'' Tom expained and I nodded in agreement. ''Wanna head back?'' Tom offered and I agreed, and we started to head back. We'd only walked outside of the block of flats so you know, we didn't have far to walk.

As we reached outside of Jay's flat, we heard shouting from inside and as we opened the door, there it all was.

''HOW COULD YOU DO THIS JAY?'' Nathan screamed, punching Jay in the face. ''Stop trying to ruin it for me cause you screwed up once!'' He added. ''I screwed up? Nathan, you were screwing her whilst she was with me!'' Jay spat, punching Nathan in return as Nathan ducked to late to avoid it.