Part eight- Wedding Party!

Vanessa Pov-

''Hello.'' His seductive voice purred into my ear. ''Good evening.'' I replied, keeping the mood. ''May I have this dance?'' He grinned, appearing in front of me. ''You may.'' 

He took my hand in his and lead me to the dance floor. My arms wrapped around his neck whilst his rest on my waist as we swayed slowly. The crowd gathered around us as we danced and awed as our foreheads met and we stared into each others eyes. 

Soon enough, more couples joined us on the dance floor and danced along with us. ''You look beautiful.'' Nathan whispered, and somehow, he still made me blush. ''Today has been amazing.'' I smiled, looking back up into his sparkling green orbs. ''And there's still all night to enjoy.'' He winked. ''Shut up.'' I laughed and he gasped. ''I didn't mean that!'' He raised his eyebrows. ''I meant the partying.'' He admitted and then I blushed, knowing I'd took it the complete wrong way!

''I love you Mrs Sykes.'' He smiled. ''I love you too, Mr Sykes.'' I told him and his grin spread across his face, widely. ''I need to get used to that!'' Nathan chuckled and lent down. My heart rate sped up and finally our lips met. Electricity pulsed through my body as his lips moved perfectly in time with mine. 

''Emma said something happened before, what was it?'' Nathan suddenly asked, killing the romantic mood between us. ''Before when?'' I asked, trying to put off his question. ''Before the wedding.'' Nathan answered and I sighed, and looked towards the floor. Nathan placed two fingers under my chin and lift my head up so I could look at him. 

''Tell me.'' He ordered, but in a soft tone, he wasn't demanding. ''Harley showed up.'' I shut my eyes as I felt him tense up. ''She what?'' He spoke through gritted teeth. ''She wanted me to ruin it, she didn't want me to marry you.'' I admitted. 

''Look, can we talk about this later? It's supposed to be our dance!'' I mumbled. But this made Nathan angrier. ''Talk about it later? No way!'' He spat. ''Calm down, it doesn't matter!'' I reassured him but he didn't believe me. ''What else did she say?'' He demanded. ''Nothing.'' I lied. ''Vanessa!'' Nathan scolded, obviously noticing that I was telling a lie as I couldn't look at him. 

''It was her who spiked your drinks on your stag do, she told me.'' I shrugged. ''But Nathan ple-'' 

But it was too late, Nathan had stormed off and left me there. He left me stood in the middle of the dance floor, on my wedding day, in the middle of our first dance. 

People turned to look at me, smiling. Others sympathetically. ''He needed the toilet desperately.'' I awkwardly chuckled before walking away, and towards one of the tables. I sat down and spotted a glass of wine, so being in the mood I was, I decided to start drinking it. 

That is until someone took it off me and set it down on the table. ''What are you doing sat on your own?'' His voice soft, yet concerned. He crouched in front of me and rest his hand on my knee to keep him steady. As I looked down into his pools of blue, my tears started up. Jay then quickly stood up and took my hand, leading me outside for some fresh air. 

He pulled me into his chest and let me cry silently. All that was heard is the faint sound of my sobs and the river that flowed past the location. Me and Nathan wanted a calm place that all of the guests could stay in after the reception and after party so we decided on a nice hotel in the countryside. 

''Are you gonna tell me what's wrong?'' Jay asked as we broke apart. He used his thumb to wipe away my mascara and smiled slightly. ''It's a good job you wore water-proof make-up.'' He joked, attempting to lighten the mood and I giggled lightly through my tears. 

''Harley came before the wedding.'' I told Jay.'' And he nodded. ''I know.'' I raised my eyebrows in confusion. ''Emma told me everything.'' He explained, and this time, I nodded. ''Nathan asked about it then, and when I told him, he got really angry and stormed off.'' I stopped talking and closed my eyes to stop the tears falling out. ''It was out first dance Jay, and he walked away. What does that say for the future?'' I rolled my eyes and Jay sighed.