Part eleven- ''I'm leaving Nathan.''

Vanessa Pov-

Eventually, Jay let me leave his flat, but only the next day. I don't even know why he kept me there; he told me it wasn't worth it, that Nathan was angry and Harley would twist my words. And I knew that Nathan would believe her considering what he walked in on. 

Hesitantly, I put the key in the lock and unlocked the door to mine and Nathan's house. I tried to be as quiet as I could, as I wondered if he was in or not. But then I heard something, well more like someone. More like Nathan.

I popped my head round the living room door and saw him leaning against the wall with his head in his hands, crying. My heart literally broke in two as I knew it was my fault he was like this. He took his head out of his hands and rest it against the wall behind him, still not seeing me.

''Nath?'' I whispered, stepping further into the room. His read puffy eyes met mine, and the tears rolled down my face straight away. ''Can we talk?'' I asked, quietly and Nathan simply just nodded.

I half smiled before it turned back into sadness as I sat in front of him on the floor. ''I'm sorry, Nathan.'' I started with and he shook his head, and wiped his tears away. ''I am too.'' He whispered. 

''But you've done nothing wrong.'' I stated. ''You were bound to get angry.'' I added. ''It's just not what it seems like. And I don't expect you to believe me, but I want you to listen-''

''I slept with Harley.'' His voice was cold, emotionless, and it cut straight through me. ''Y-y-you slept with-''

''Yes.'' Once again, his voice was cold, dry and almost like he didn't care. ''I was angry, hurt. And she was there to comfort me.'' He shrugged, and I remembered what she was saying yesterday. ''Nathan, she planned this.'' I told him, ignoring the tears on my face.

''She wanted you to walk in at that point, that's why she text you off Jay's phone. And Jay just 'filled in the blanks' for her.'' I explained, quoting what Harley had said yesterday. ''I wasn't kissing Jay back, I was trying to get him off.'' I said, standing up in the process. 

''Where are you going?'' Nathan questioned and I attempted to wipe my eyes but the tears kept on coming. ''I-I don't know.'' I cried and Nathan instantly stood up and wrapped his arms around me. I cried into his chest for what seemed hours, but was only a few minutes in reality. He shushed me and rubbed my back with his hand but I wanted to be happy with him, not like this. 

We'd barley been married a week, in fact, four days, and this is what it has come to. And what did I say? Would it work? Us being married. And what did Emma and others say? It'll be fine, you're made for each other. 

Sometimes I questioned that.

''Don't leave me, Nessa.'' He whispered into my hair, and my heart broke even further. I looked up into his eyes and smiled. ''What if it's for the best?'' I asked and he looked down at me, studying my face. ''Being without you is like losing everything, please, I need you with me.'' Nathan replied.

''I love you, Vanessa, and I know you love me too. And I also know that you need me too.'' He said, kissing the top of my head. I closed my eyes and imagined we were away from here, just away from any threats. 

''Will you stay?'' He asked, and I nodded slightly. His arms wrapped tighter around me and I buried my face into him, feeling safe again.

''I'm sorry, Vanessa, I'm so sorry. I should have known it was something to do with her.'' He apologised and then I remembered.

''You slept with her.'' I stated and my heart dropped as I said it. ''I know but I was angry, I was hurt and she was there!'' He panicked. I shook my head and pushed him away. ''So you got upset and thought, hey let me sleep with this slut! Yeah thanks Nathan!'' I shouted. ''It's not like you weren't sucking the face off Jay!'' He retorted and I rolled my eyes. 

''No, I wasn't. Because like I said, I was pushing him away. And unlike you, I manage to stay faithful after four days of being married!'' Nathan grumbled to himself and I could see him getting angrier, but right now I didn't care. ''Who was the one that cheated for three months? Hmmm, oh yeah, it was you!'' Nathan screamed at me but then he seemed to regret it. He covered his mouth with his hand and stared at me.

''With you.'' I spat before leaving the room. 

I sprinted up the stairs and took out a suitcase from under our bed. I chucked in as many clothes and other stuff I'd need before walking over to the bed-side table I had. Picking up the picture, I placed it carefully on the top of everything and closed the case before trudging down the stairs with it.

''Vanessa, I'm sorry, don't go!'' Nathan cried as he saw me reach the bottom of the stairs. ''I'm leaving Nathan.'' I told him but he shook his head. ''No, I'm sorry, you know I didn't mean it!'' He urged but I stopped him with my finger on his lips.

''Just give me some time, Nath.'' I shrugged. ''Why? Everytime something gets tough, you run away! Why can't you just fucking face up to the problem?'' He snapped and I sighed. ''It's not like that.'' I simply answered, trying my best to stay calm when all I wanted to do was shout at him and then cry.

''What is it like then?'' He huffed. ''I want to get away from you Nathan!'' I shouted his eyes widened in shock. ''I just want to get away because us being together obviously doesn't work!'' I added. ''Now I'm leaving, and I don't know when I'm coming back. I just need space, is that too much to ask for?!'' 

And with that, I left him there.

*I know this part is quite short but you know, yeah sorreh :P

Anyway, I hope you liked it and I told you I'd update more frequent :)

But I'm on a holiday from school so you know;)

Thanks for reading and pretty please with The Wanted on top, let me know what you thought on comments ;D 

I love you all :D

Thanks again, for everything, reads, votes, fans and stuff, I appreciate it so much!

Love Lizzie. x*