~after Those 3 Words~

Shuichis pov

Kokichi... Loves me!?

A clear blush shower up on my face as i looked down at the small boy, who was coving his face in his hands.

Why is he sorry...

I cearfuly moved his hands from his face and made him look up at me. "kokichi..." I whispered in a sad tone when I realised that he was coving his face to hide tears, pouring out his eyes. "I-it's not fa-ir on yo-you to hav-" he cut him self off with sobs.

He wasn't ready to tell me that was he?

I let out a sad sigh and pulled kokichi on to my lap. I rocked us side to side slowly, to help him calm down from his sobs as he tried to talk. But I couldn't understand what he was trying to say. So I just kept replying small hushes and 'it's okay'.

"I-I'm sorry!!" kokichi nearly screamed, clinging to my top. "kokichi!" I said loud enough for him to get my attention. He looked at me, tears still going down my face, which I wiped away with my thumb. "you weren't ready to tell me that, I can tell" I began, Kokichi nodded in agreement with me. "and that's okay! Okay?" I smiled at him. "o-okay... I am sorry..." he muttered, a few more tears escapeing his eyes, which I also wiped away. "no, Its fine don't worry." I then gently kiss his forehead.

A deep red blush appeared on his face. I laughed and made us fall in our sides on the bed, followed by me tucking us under the duvet.

I hugged kokichi in my arms, as he stayed attached to my top. I petted his head, knowing he liked me doing that.

He loves me.

A smile was printed on my face, knowing that my crush loved me back.

"kokichi?" I said, gaining his attention again. "do you want to come to school tomorrow?" I asked, from what happened today, I don't want him out my sight. "u-umm." he muttered, moving his head to look up at me. "one word, and we can came back home?" I pushed. He thought for a few seconds but soon nodded his head. "o-okay!" he gave me a small smile, before burying him head back in my chest. "g-good night shumai!" I heard kokichi say before we both dozed off.

The next day

Today could either end really good, or really bad.

I'm expecting both.

We walk side by side at a slow pace. I told kaede that kokichi was coming today and told her to tell everyone else. I also to her (and to tell everyone eles.) not to make a big deal out of it. I don't want kokichi to feel uncomfortable. Luckily, all our lessons are in the same room, so he will always be in my sight.

Kokichi held tightly to my hand,

He was clearly scared.

This was a big step for him. Though I did feel bad for all that happened yesterday. But he needs to see everyone, not to apologise, but so he can feel more confident again. Or at least that's what I want to happen. I have my doubts and hopes.

Everyone in our class was told by kaede to arrive later  usual so that kokichi and I will be alone for a bit. That part was kaedes idea, since she didn't know we lived together.

"nagito..." I heard a small whisper come from kokichi. I looked to where he was looking and saw a tall male with puffy hair.
"you know him?" I asked, surprised.
"ye-yes, he was the I-only one who visited me I-in hospit-al." he explained, stuttering.

The only one?
Not even his mom or dad?

Miu said he had a sister... But not her?

"want to go say hello to him?" I suggested. Kokichi nodded his head and began pulling me with him. "n-nagito!?" kokichi kinda yelled, but loud enough for the male to hear and turn around.

When we got closer, I realised that he was from one of the previous games before us. He usually hangs out with hajime and chiaki, more people from previous games.

Nagito looked surprised and looked down at kokichi. There was a large high difference. "hello there!" the taller male smiled, waving his hand, I waved my hand back. "h-hello..." kokichi replied.

He didn't think this far ahead.

"thank you for taking time out of your day to talk to a worthless person like me!" nagito laughed "however, chiaki wanted me and hajime to play among us with her, so I best be off!" he waved again and left. Kokichi looked... Kinda sad.

"you okay?" I asked . He looked up at me for a second "I'm sure he would of wanted to talk to you.." I said.
But he shook his head. "I-it's not that..." he sighed, and grabed my arm, pulling us closer. "a-am I, worthless t-to?" he asked. My eyes widened, "no! Not all all" I said louder then I wanted to, but I didn't really care. "you have more worth to me then anyone I know!" I smiled and kissed his forehead. "o-okay, I trust you" he giggled, changeing his position on my arm to his hugging it instead.

We walked the rest of the way on a calm silence. Not many people were at school yet, since we still had twenty minutes beofre the first bell. We was that early So the hall ways were pretty empty, compared to what they will be later.

"I-it's really big..." kokichi muttered, looking down at the floor, but then he shot his head up and looked up at me, with a bright red face. "t-the sc-school I mean!!" he kinda yelled.

It took me a few seconds to process what he meant, but when I did, my face also went bright red. I laughed it off and patted kokichis head a few times. "you will get used to it."

We got to the classroom, and just as planned, the room was empty. I heard the small boy let out a small sigh of relief. We walked over to my desk and kokichi got a chair and pulled it on the side of my desk. Clearly wanting to sit their. fortunately for kokichi, my desk was in the corner at the back of the class, so  he only sat next to me if his chair was there.

He then looked around the classroom, it looked like he had never been in a normal looking class room before. But that wasn't the whole case of this.

"sh-shuichi.." he whispered, looked at me. I got off my chair looked back at him. He looked terrified. "we.... W-we can le-leave th-this place" he was shaking badly.
"kokichi, of course we can okay?" I held his shoulders, trying to make him from shaking as much.

Though he was clearly scared, he didn't want to leave here just yet.

"if anyone hurts you, come to me and I'll do something about it okay?" I remind him.
"b-but... You sa-said you wouldn't le-leave my side" he panicked.
"I won't! But just in case, okay?"

I've messed up a bit.

"o-okay." he nodded and we sat back down. He rested his head on the desk and held my hand. We sat there in another calm silence,

Before the classroom door flung open, Kokichis head shot up, and his grip on my hand tightened. Everyone on the class hurried on side. Some people excited, while others looked like they were ready to kill.

Maki...