chapter 10

"stop running after

the things that hurt the most,"

-------------------------------------------------------------

she stared in shock, and before she could react, a hand reached out. the man's hand held her neck, and was choking her in the air. she grabbed his hands and tried removing it, but his grip was strong. she was losing air, and the man only grinned. he seemed to be a ghost, but could somehow hold solid people and objects. 

she couldn't speak, she was petrified. she was running out of air. the man stroked her cheek, and she glared at him in disgust, still trying to remove the iron grip. "has miles told you who i am?" asked the man. aurora looked confused, and the man's face lit up. "guess he hasn't told you everything," started the man. "do you really know him that well?" the man finished. spots clouded her vision. "has he ever mentioned...quint?" he asked. aurora barely had the energy to shake her head. quint's smile only got larger. 

he loosened his grip, and aurora fell to the floor. he faded away, the grin implanted in her memory. that's when she saw the world turn black. 

---

her head felt heavy and she sat up. she was in her room, miles was sleeping in an armchair in the corner of the room. she remembered the events from before, and her breathing became shaky. what the man, quint, said still came to her head. 

"has miles told you who i am?"

"guess he hasn't told you everything,"

she glanced at miles, who was sleeping peacefully. she got up, and went to the bathroom. she looked in the mirror, and nothing seemed to be different. she sighed in relief. 

when she came out, miles was awake. he rushed over to her. "are you okay?" he asked softly, pushing a strand of her hair behind her ear. she pursed her lips. should she ask him? or stay quiet? "i-i'm fine," she said. he noticed her hesitation. he was about to say something, when curiosity overcame her. 

"miles, we need to talk,"

---

he looked confused, but they sat on her bed. "what is it?" he asked. "someone was there...when i fainted," she said slowly. "who? did someone hurt you?" he asked, his eyes started having some sort of anger behind them. she paused. "he said his name was...quint?" she said, not sure of miles' reaction. he clenched his fist. he stayed silent. "miles?" she asked softly, putting a hand on his arm. he finally reacted. 

he laughed. 

"miles?" she asked, as he stood up. he grabbed a glass bottle and chucked it at the wall. she flinched. he grabbed her wrist and stood her up. she looked nervous at miles' sudden change. "don't even speak about him," he said, his grip tightening. "wha-?" she questioned. he grabbed her face and she felt herself getting pushed up against a wall. she felt something oozing in the back, through her hair. "miles!" she shrieked. he grinned, and his grip loosened. he turned around, and she took the moment. she ran. 

---

she didn't know what was happening to miles. he acted crazy...possessed even. she ran into the forest, and ran into the town. she had to get away from there. she felt blood oozing down her head. she went into a drugstore (LIKE WALLGREENS LMAO) and looked around for supplies. 

"holy shit! what happened to you?" a voice asked from behind her. she turned around to see a group of friends. "uh," she said, not sure how to respond.

her supposed boyfriend slammed her head against a wall and is acting possessed? 

she didn't know what to say, and she turned around to go continue finding the supplies. she found them, and one of the girls from the group came up to her. "hey, i'm sophia," she said kindly. aurora smiled. "hey, yeah, i'm aurora," she responded. "sorry about noah, he's...interesting," she said with a laugh. "no, it's okay, i just didn't know how to respond," aurora responded. aurora took the items, and then realized something. "shit," she muttered. "what?" sophia asked concerned. "i forgot money," aurora said, sighing. "don't worry about it, just, can you tell us what happened?" sophia asked. "alright..." aurora responded, and they went to the register. 

.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。.

𝑬𝑴𝑨 𝑺𝑷𝑬𝑨𝑲𝑺

gonna be introducing some new C H A R A C T E R S

anyways

at the time that i'm writing this, it's appropriate to say

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

wishing you all a great year :)

love, 

ema <3