chapter 11

" you are the person

i'll never stop looking for

in a crowded place,"

---------------------------------------------------

the group introduced themselves - noah, sophia, jaeden, millie, jack, and caleb. sophia started treating the wound on the back of auroras head. 

"so, what happened?" millie asked kindly. "yeah, we wanna know," noah said, eating chips. aurora took a deep breath. "do you guys know miles fairchild?" aurora asked. she assumed they would, since they seemed to be from town. "oh! you mean from the big, creepy mansion?" jack asked. aurora nodded. "yeah, we used to go to school with him. we personally weren't close, but he was well known, well, until he gotta expelled for beating some guy up," jaeden added. "well, my sister is his younger sister's nanny, and well, when my parents...died...i moved into the house," aurora started. noah ate his chips and watched, like it was all a horror story. 

it easily could've been. 

"well, he was okay, then i asked him about this guy that he knew, quint. then, he became all violent, so i ran out," aurora finished. she didn't say the whole story, since she wanted to leave out a few details. "wait, so, you live with him?" sophia asked. "uh, yeah," aurora admitted. "are you two...dating?" noah asked with a smirk. "uh-," aurora started. 

but were they? i mean, they never made it official. 

noah dropped it. "i don't know what to do - i need to go back, but i don't know if he would hurt me again," aurora whispered. everyone was silent. "you could try just sneaking in, and in the morning, you can see how he's feeling?" caleb suggested. "hmm, that could work, but i'd have to go through the window," aurora said thoughtfully. "we'll come with you!" noah exclaimed. 

only noah, sophia, and jack ended up coming - the others had plans. they went around back. "tell me why i feel like dora the explorer mixed with some mission impossible shit," noah muttered, and aurora stifled a laugh. aurora pointed to her window. "it's on the second floor?" sophia asked, shocked. "how are you supposed to get up there?" she questioned. aurora thought for a moment. "see that thing with the vines? the fence that climbs up the side?" aurora finally said, pointing to the wooden fence. "my window is unlocked," aurora finished. "okay..." jack said. 

aurora started climbing, and it was going smoothly until *CRACK* She heard the strip of wood snap beneath one of her feet. she looked down below, where noah was covering his eyes. aurora took a shaky breath, and continued climbing. 

she eventually got onto her windowsill. "thank you guys so much," aurora said, while sophia smiled. "anytime, i was wondering..." sophia started. "we're going to this party, wanna come? we can pick you up, it's tomorrow," sophia questioned. aurora smiled. "i'd love to," she responded, and climbed back into her room. 

---

she woke up to the bright light streaming in through her window.  she got up and brushed her teeth, and got dressed. she went downstairs where kate was standing there. "where were you last night?" kate whisper-yelled. aurora heard miles and flora playing in the living room. "in town, made some friends," aurora responded. kate seemed to relax at this. "was miles there?" kate asked. "no, kate, and if he was, why would you care?" aurora spat, annoyed. kate pursed her lips, and aurora walked through the living room, outside. she knew miles was watching her, but she just continued outside. 

she sat on a stone outside, staring at the pond. miles seemed to be normal - but what was that yesterday? she sighed and threw a rock into the pond. she heard footsteps behind her, and turned to see miles. "hey," he said, as he sat next to her. "hey," she whispered. "are you okay?" he asked, rubbing her shoulder. "i'm fine," she responded, staring at the koi swimming. she put her head on his shoulder. "i love you aurora," he whispered. "i love you too fairchild," aurora responded. 

.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。.

𝑬𝑴𝑨 𝑺𝑷𝑬𝑨𝑲𝑺

YALL IDK WHAT IM DOING ANYMORE???

I GOTTA COME UP WITH NEW PLOT TWISTSSSSS

anyways

hope these next chapters will be interesting.