chapter 14

"never give up

for beautiful things

can be born from misery,"

-----------------------------------------------------------

aurora trembled, as miles brought the knife to her neck. she had screamed earlier, hoping someone would hear her - but no one came. "no one is coming to save you - no one cares, don't even try," miles-as-quint said. she tried to gather up enough energy for her powers, but she was too scared. 

"miles...this isn't you," she muttered. quint only laughed. aurora hated seeing miles like this. she knew that underneath whatever mask he used - there was a good person. she took a few deep breaths. if she continued acting scared - she would never come out alive. 

she stood up, and faced quint. he stared at her. she herself didn't know what she was doing. she filled herself with energy, and she started throwing stuff at miles. but she was weak, because deep inside she didn't want to hurt miles. "two can play at that game," he said, and she saw the knife zoom past her face - missing her face by a millimeter. he laughed at her weak attempts to do some damage. suddenly, she heard the sound of someone crashing into the door, and her head quickly went towards it. 

the noises continued, clearly someone was trying to get in. she faced him. "i'm not afraid," she whispered. "yeah, right," miles spat. "i'm not," she said, this time more confidently. she took the knife off the floor, and used her omni kinesis to change the blade into a sharp point. she took the knife and was about to send it flying into the sinister being's eyes, but the door burst open. 

and there stood her four friends. 

"HOLY FUCK THE KNIFE IS FLOATING," noah screamed pointing at the levitating blade. "get out of here," aurora pleaded. miles grinned at the new people who had arrived. "come to see the show?" he asked. "aurora...what's going on?" sophia asked. "i... i don't know, something is inside miles..." aurora said softly. "he's trying to kill me," aurora added. "OH LORD IT'S A DEATH MATCH," noah continued screaming. "are you making the knife float?" caleb asked. "uh...y-yeah," aurora said sheepishly. "oh my god...we're in a room full of demons," noah muttered. "noah, please shut up!" sophia yelled. noah looked like he was about to argue, but then stopped himself. 

quint twisted the knife to be pointing back at aurora. "don't worry, it'll be quick," he said. she used all of her energy creating a shield around her friends and herself. miles stepped in front of the shield. "don't try protecting yourself, you're worthless, this will just help all of us," he started. "no one would care if you died, so just let me help," he finished. "don't listen to him, aurora," sophia pleaded. 

and aurora wasn't going to. she would defend herself and her friends if it was the last thing she did. all the emotions swirled inside her - and like the day in the forest, she let it all loose. 

the shield lashed out, knocking down miles. "holy shit," her friends gasped at the shield erupting from inside her. aurora ran to miles' unconscious body, and shook it. "miles, please wake up," she whispered, tears running down her cheeks. "aurora..." sophia started. aurora continued shaking him. aurora stood up, and faced away from miles. she couldn't believe it. she killed him. 

"uh, aurora?" jaeden asked. aurora took a deep breath and turned around. sophia and noah were standing around miles' body. "you should see this," jaeden said, grabbing her hand and leading her to the body. she looked confused, but reluctantly followed him. 

she gasped when she saw him. he was coughing - slightly. "he looks like he's gonna throw up..." aurora muttered. her eyes went wide as miles' mouth opened. she thought she would throw up herself when she saw what came out.

a giant spider crawled out, and up the sides of the house. "what the hell...." aurora said, then dropped to her knees beside miles. "miles?" she asked, shaking him. he coughed again. "i swear to god if another spider comes out..." noah mumbled in the background. "miles?" aurora asked again, and miles' eyes fluttered slightly open. 

he was alive. 

aurora engulfed him in a hug, and tears streamed down her face. "you're okay," she whispered. miles hugged her back - and he hoped that everything would finally be okay. 

he grabbed her face and kissed her, despite caleb, noah, and sophia all watching. "is it gone?" she asked quietly. "i think so," he responded. they looked into each-others eyes. 

"okay, lovebirds, we're gonna go," noah said, rolling his eyes but still grinning. "we'll see you guys some other time," aurora said, helping miles stand up. "sounds good," sophia said, and they left - leaving miles and aurora in the basement. "i love you," he whispered. "i love you too miles fairchild," she whispered back. 

i love you too. 

.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。.

𝑬𝑴𝑨 𝑺𝑷𝑬𝑨𝑲𝑺

I HOPE THAT WAS ENTERTAINING ❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗

more tea is coming soon :)

this is my longest book so far - and i'm not even close to it being done????

teehee

tick tock.