chapter 18

aurora's vision was blurry - but her other senses helped her realize what was going on. she was sitting on a chair, and she felt a thick rope around her wrists. she also felt the thick rope around her waist. there was a bright light in the room - but she couldn't see if someone else was in the room.

her vision cleared up, and she saw that the room was empty. except for some sort of machines that were next to the chair she was in. she realized the machine was hooked to her head. one on each temple, and one on her forehead. she looked all around her, since she felt something was off. she didn't scream, at least not yet, because she doubted anyone would be able to here her. 

her eyes stopped on a mirror that was in the room. it looked like a normal mirror - but she easily recognized the difference - it was a two-way mirror. which meant someone was watching her. 

she built up her energy - which she had been practicing. she could know move most objects without needing to have very high emotion levels. she started a crack in the mirror starting at the center. she pushed the crack more and more until the mirror shattered. the shards fell like rain between her room, and the room which the mirror was covering. 

the first thing she noticed in the room was the beeping noise. it came from a x-ray that she could see was on a wall. multiple people stood in the room, all of them wearing masks. she was about to use her powers to break the ropes, which she realized she should've done first. 

she was about to focus on the ropes, but a sharp pain hit her head. like an electric current flowing through her brain. she noticed something strange - she was able to see what happened to her brain. the x-ray was of her own brain, and when the sharp pain hit, white streaks would pulse from the front of the brain to the back. 

"now, you're here to answer some of our questions," a man said, kneeling in front of her. "how did you get your...powers?" he asked, almost spitting out the last word. "i- i don't know," she replied, scared. she felt another pain in her head. "we'll keep doing this until you say the truth," the man said. 

but, aurora truly didn't know. she knew it came from the room, but from what? 

"i really don't know," she said nervously. another sharp pain, but this time the power seemed to have increased. a tear escaped from her eyes. "why do you need to know?" she asked, her head throbbing. the man smiled. 

"you are problematic. you'll corrupt the perfect world we have," he started, and she got confused. "you see, you shouldn't have these powers. we must destroy you, but first, we'll get answers to stop any others from becoming like you," he finished. 

she thought for a second. "quint," she whispered. "very good, we knew him, he was trying to get the fairchild boy to join us, almost succeeded," the man said. aurora had recognized when quint had also said to 'destroy her'.  

"you see, the fairchild boy is powerful, very wealthy, and well, you being there had ruined the plans," the man continued. despite having horrible pain in her head, she used her energy and made him feel pain. 

"that is why you must be killed," the man said, clutching his arm. she used the last of her energy to create a shield around herself - which was helpful because it blocked whatever sharp pains came to her head. 

she let herself regain energy as the rest of them watched. she finally removed the ropes and stood up. "that'll never happen," she spat. "you'll never get me, you'll never get miles, so stay away," she said. 

"oh, i think you should take that back," the man said, grinning. "and why should i do that?" aurora asked. "because of this," he replied, and pointed to a screen in the corner of the room. 

aurora gasped. 

.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。.

𝑬𝑴𝑨 𝑺𝑷𝑬𝑨𝑲𝑺

ah, i'm really sorry for all the short chapters, but i like leaving cliffhangers like this. 

i think the book will be over soon? i have had a lot of fun writing this ;)

anyways love you all

tick tock.