chapter 13

aurora made plans with the group to hang out, and this time miles would come as well. they decided to come that saturday around 2pm. 

she heard the horn outside, and aurora smiled. she grabbed her bag and went outside. noah rolled down the window. "where's miles?" he asked. "oh! i'll go get him, five minutes," aurora said with a smile. 

she loved that she met new people - and last time they hung out, they all seemed to like miles, and miles seemed to be comfortable with them as well. 

she walked into the mansion, and called out miles' name. "miles!" she yelled, when no one responded, she found flora. "flora, have you seen miles?" aurora asked the girl, who was with kate. "why do you need him?" kate asked, interrupting flora. "we're going out with friends, kate, not that it's any of your business," aurora said - annoyed by kate's obvious disliking of miles. "check his room, he's probably there," flora said softly. "thanks flora," replied aurora, smiling at the young girl. 

aurora went upstairs, and knocked on miles' door. "ready?" she asked. miles back was facing her, and when he turned around he looked...different. "yeah," he said, standing up. "i just need to grab something real quick, is that okay?" he said. aurora looked confused. "alright..." aurora said, and she thought miles would go by himself, but he grabbed her wrist. 

his grip was tight around her wrists, and he dragged her around the house. "miles, where are you going?" aurora asked cautiously. "just follow me, and be quiet," he said harshly. "miles, what the hell, let my arm go," aurora said, now scared. he pulled her along quickly, and that's when she saw where they were going. 

the basement. 

she tried pulling her hand away, and planting her feet into the ground, but his grip was like iron. she was about to scream, when he turned around and placed a hand over her mouth. "scream, and i'll kill you," he said quietly. her eyes went wide, but she managed to nod. he opened the door to the basement, and she got pushed inside. he closed and locked the door, and started walking towards her. she backed up, but eventually hit the shelves. 

when he grinned at her, that's when she saw the familiarity. she knew what was inside him. 

quint. 

she swallowed a breath. "quint," she whispered. "very good, you see how i'm helping miles?" miles-as-quint responded. at this aurora became angry. "helping him? you're destroying him!" aurora said a little louder. "no, i'm not destroying him," he said lazily. "however, i will have to destroy you," he finished. she seemed confused, why her? 

"you clearly got powers, and, well, you guys can't be together," quint explained. aurora raised an eyebrow. "that's not up to anyone else but miles and myself to decide whether or not we should be together," aurora said, courage rising in her. 

"but when I have the chance to destroy whatever you guys have, i will take it," he responded, enjoying the banter. "fuck off," aurora said coldly. suddenly, she felt herself getting hoisted up in the air by her neck again. her hands clawing at his grip. "don't act brave," he whispered in her ear. she felt herself losing air, but he eventually dropped her. she saw some black spots, but she kept her ground. 

---

noah, sophia, jaeden, and caleb all waited impatiently. noah checked his watch. "it's been almost 20 minutes, should we just leave?" noah said, tapping his foot. "i don't know...something feels off," jaeden said, and sophia turned to look at him. "you feel that too?" she whispered. "i do too, should we check on them? i mean, we all saw what happened one time with miles," caleb added. all four of them left the car and headed towards the gloomy mansion. 

they opened the creaky door, and stepped inside. not a single voice was heard - which was strange since they knew there was a housekeeper, miles, aurora, flora, and the nanny. they went upstairs first, where sophia pointed out the window. "that must be flora, and aurora's sister," sophia said. "and that must be the housekeeper," caleb added, pointing to a lady in the garden. "so that must mean aurora and miles are definitely together," jaeden said. "did you guys notice aurora and her sister look nothing alike?" noah said. sophia rolled her eyes. "that's not the point, noah," she said, annoyed. 

they continued looking, throughout the house. they finished the ground floor, and met in the kitchen. "did you guys find anything?" sophia asked, pacing back and forth. "no," caleb and jaeden responded. "well, i found this one door, but it was locked," noah said, looking through the fridge. "what? where?" jaeden asked. noah sighed, and brought them to a door. caleb tried opening it, but it was really locked. sophia pressed her ear up to the door. "i hear voices, but they're faint," she said. "must be them," caleb said, and jaeden nodded. noah pressed his ear up to the door. "can you understand anything?" jaeden asked. noah's face paled. 

"he's gonna kill her," 

and then they heard the scream. 

.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。.

𝑬𝑴𝑨 𝑺𝑷𝑬𝑨𝑲𝑺

AND THIS ISN'T EVEN THE BIG, MAIN EVENT IN THE BOOK LMAO

yall better be prepared

get your popcorn

your slushies

and get ready

tick tock.