~Back to the Start~

The Night Buzzard II—or so the ship had been deemed—circles around a towering penthouse as it begins to make its descent to the private landing zones. Your heart was now beating uncontrollably, as though it would burst out of your chest at any moment. It didn't seem likely that you were going to escape your fate. You had been trying to avoid looking to Kylo for the entirety of the flight. It wasn't difficult when you could just escape to another section of the ship, but this was different. It was all different.

As the ship settles itself down onto the pad, the Knights rise from their seats to adjust their armor. They tug their masks back over their heads; it made them appear ten times more intimidating. You were frozen to your seat, head reeling and heart racing. You flinch when Vicrul's hand rests momentarily on your shoulder, as if telling you that the fun and games were over rather than reassuring you.

The sound of the ship's engines fade away with a low hum. From inside the cockpit, the lights of the control panel dim. The Buzzard had landed successfully; it was time to go. You slowly rise from your seat, suddenly feeling much more nauseous than before.

Four pairs of feet noisily clomp down the metallic ramp as it slides open, flooding the compartment with light. The cool air of Coruscant hits your cheeks, spreading across your skin. Even this couldn't calm your raging nerves.

As you all trudge down the streets, the people walking past send you odd glances. You couldn't blame them. It wasn't every day one saw a group of killers casually walking down the street, especially not in this section of Coruscant. Not to mention, the weapons they were carrying were still coated in dried blood. The encrusted blades glisten in the dimmed sunlight; weapons casually slung over their shoulders.

"We're here." Vicrul's muffled voice cuts into your thoughts.

You release a shaky breath, gazing up at the penthouse. In a matter of minutes, you would have to face him again. Staying silent in a ship was one thing... there would be no escaping this. Would you even be able to take it? He was always so utterly unpredictable. How could you even bear to look him in the eye?

The sound of boots echo through the pristine lobby. The tenants lingering around the front desk look up in wonder, whispering to each other as they watch you cross the marble floor. Sometimes you could have sworn that people recognized you. Your identity within the Order hadn't exactly been a secret. Most of the time, your face had been projected right beside Kylo's masked head.

The four of you step into the elevator. As the doors roll shut, you are plunged into the cold silence. If it had been any quieter, they might have heard your heart beating rapidly in your chest. You had practically torn the inside of your cheeks to shreds from the nervousness. You were being torn into two directions; anxiousness and anger. Both directed towards Kylo. He was standing just a few feet away, but was utterly silent. Your eyes lift to the screen above the doors. It was displaying how many floors you had passed. With every tick of the red numbers, you are dunked back into the silent panic of the situation.

Then, all at once, the elevator comes to a stop.

You release a shaky breath as the doors peel apart once more. The Knights don't budge; they merely stand behind you and patiently wait for you to walk. But you couldn't. You were rooted to the floor.

"Stars!" A familiar voice cries out.

Your legs find the strength to move. You practically run out of the elevator, flinging your arms tightly around Lani as the two of you collide in a tight embrace. The sound of collective gasps and loud breaths of relief meets your ears. Lani pulls away, allowing you to embrace the others with teary eyes.