~The Prisoner~

TW--mention of suicidal thoughts/mention of physical abuse

With the soft rustle of sheets to accompany the small groan that leaves your lips, you manage to roll over onto your side. Your muscles, protesting and aching, complain about how much they had been put to so much use for the past few days. Both shoulders and arms felt as though they had been crushed by two tonne weights. Even the bones in your hands were groaning from having clutched your saber hilt so tightly. The slight tremble in your thighs told the story of what had happened before Kylo took you to the waterfalls.

You couldn't be ungrateful for that little escapade.

You let out a soft sigh, stretching your arms above your head and wincing as your soreness limits your movement. Your hands extend out toward the other side of the bed, expecting to find the warm skin of Kylo's back. Upon finding nothing but the cool crinkle of sheets, your eyes quickly open. In a state of exhausted daze, you sit up in bed, hugging the blanket up to shield your bare chest.

"Kylo?" You call out groggily, hoping to hear his reply from the refresher.

There is nothing but silence to greet you. When had he left? And why so early? A single glance at the clock tells you that it would be unusual for him to leave at such an odd hour. You push back the blankets, rising carefully from the bed. The faltering strength of your muscles is put to the test as your bare feet press against the cool ground. The heat from your skin leaves footprints behind that quickly fade to conceal your presence.

After your night on Naboo, the Command Shuttle had picked you both up. Stars, you must have looked a mess to the pilots. Yawning, hair wild, skin bruised. You had taken the walk of shame to a new extreme. Once you landed, Kylo practically had to drag you back to your quarters before you passed out from exhaustion. It was strange that he had left so suddenly.

An icy chill washes over you as you step into the cold refresher, squinting at your reflection. Your skin was littered with flecks and bruises that didn't just come from Mustafar. Dark spots fleck your throat from where Kylo's hands had locked around it. After he had gotten his hands on the Wayfinder and the mention of Vala, something darker must have come over him. Not that you were complaining; he had fucked you harder than he had in a while. It was as though he was giving you a reminder.

Now that you trusted him again, his need to be gentle and delicate with you was gone. He had taken full advantage of that yesterday. It was a shame, really, you'd have loved to see the scratches on his back that you had left there. Clicking your tongue almost disapprovingly, you lift your toothbrush once more to finish disposing of the taste of morning. You lean over the counter to rinse your mouth before snatching up the silver necklace laying on the marble.

The cold metal lays against your skin as you get yourself dressed, doing well to pick robes that would conceal your bruises as much as possible. The loop of your belt clicks as you latch your lightsaber hilt into place. It bumps steadily against your hip with every step. As the door to Kylo's quarters slides open with a low hiss, the sounds of the Finalizer envelope you.

Stormtroopers and officers nod their heads to you as you pass by. To them, you weren't the empress yet but you also weren't the commander. You were with the Supreme Leader and that was enough for them to give you their respect. Their eyes roam over you observantly, but their respect is quick to become fear at the sight of your lightsaber. That fear arouses some kind of arrogant pride in your chest.

"You," you snap at the sight of one of the superior officers who worked on the council.

They jump to attention, arms gluing to their sides and chin jutted high to acknowledge your rank. "Ma'am."