~Best Mistake~

It was horribly difficult not to think about Kylo Ren.

More specifically, the events of yesterday. You should have known better than to give in to the tension bubbling between the two of you. You could claim it was just revenge sex all you wanted, but it was apparent that there was more to it than what met the eye. Some deeper hidden meaning than beyond pure spite.

Perhaps that is why you brush silently past Kylo in the morning without another glance in his direction. You could feel his eyes flicking up to you every once in a while as you prepare your own cup of caf. He probably had one of those stupidly smug expressions on his face. All you wanted to do was take your coffee outside onto the balcony and watch the rain come down in thick sheets. Thunder rumbles from outside, adding to the tension brewing in the penthouse.

You roll your eyes to yourself, internally cursing both him and yourself. How could I have been so stupid? You grit your teeth. I shouldn't have let it happen. I should have stayed away. Fucking jerk knew this was going to happen, didn't he? Smug bastard.

"Your thoughts are still as loud as ever." You could hear the smirk in his voice.

"Stay out of my head," you shoot back coldly.

"Watch it," Kylo warns. "I've been too forgiving since you've arrived."

Unable to stop yourself, you let out a cold scoff. "Oh please. You don't intimidate me, Supreme Leader."

He hums, lips curving mischievously as he raises the steaming black mug to his lips. You didn't know how much you could tolerate and despise someone at the same time, yet here you were. Just as he opens his mouth to fire something witty back, a familiar ping comes from the elevator. Seconds later, the heavy metal doors peel apart to reveal the little box stuffed full with men garbed in black. Just like at the party, it was strange seeing them out of armor.

They were still an intimidating bunch; clothes in black, leather jackets, heavy cloaks. They all carried blasters strapped to their muscular thighs, which pushed the fabric of their pants to its limits. It was just a gun show of rippling muscles, bearded faces, and scarred skin. With Ap'lek's strong arms now exposed, you could see the tribal tattoos inked into his skin.

"I hate to interrupt the party," Vicrul smirks between you and Kylo. "But it's time to go."

"Go?" You echo, drawing six pairs of eyes to you. "Go where?"

"Don't worry, sweetheart, this doesn't involve you." Kuruk hums, stuffing his hands into his pockets.

Vicrul reaches for your cup of caf and swipes it from your hands. He raises it to his lips despite your protests and takes a long, exaggerated drink. The wink he gives you over the mug sends heat racing to your cheeks.

"Cut it out," Kylo snaps as he looks between you.

Vic grins as he sets the coffee down, but he doesn't take his eyes from you. "Ren's not giving you too much trouble, is he?" It was somewhat amusing watching him talk about Kylo as though he wasn't even there. "I'm sure the girls would be happy to live up here instead. You can move in with this. I don't think any of us have any objections."

He glances back to the Knights, who were shaking their heads and muttering, smirks growing over their faces. Cocky bastards. Part of you already knew what they were thinking about... something you weren't sure that you wanted to relive or not. Vicrul seems to notice this. His blue eyes glimmer mischievously as his lopsided grin grows. No matter how cheeky Vicrul could get, you couldn't find a thing to hate about him.