~Distant Flickers~

The flames devouring what had once been the Black Sun compound lick the clouds. Fiery red and orange hands clawing at the sky as smoke billows from the windows and crevices. The explosions had already rocked the base to its very core, leaving gaping holes and massive collapsed of rubble and splintered wood. Across the crumbling stone floor, laid the bodies of the men who had died to your blade. You had left a trail of them in your wake.

Coughing and gasping for air, you stumble your way through the first floor of the building. You had protected the girls and the slaves for as long as you possibly could, but now your selflessness was taking a toll. You were blind and lost; hands extended in front of you to feel your way out. More muffled explosions rock the building, sending you stumbling. The dress you were wearing was now torn and seared by flame. Both it and your skin was coated with ash and smeared with blood; a sticky and thick mixture.

Chest heaving as your lungs desperately search for clean air, you round the corner and spot a beam of light. Groaning softly atop the sharp pain in your leg, you manage to drag yourself towards the door. Just as your feet hit the dirt, the final explosions send you flying through the air. Your body hits the ground as you are showered by bits of stone and fiery wood. You lay still, unable to do much more than pray silently, with your knees to your chest and your arms clamped over your head protectively.

Heat sears your skin from the flaming pieces pelting the sand. The smell of smoke invades your nostrils as the loud groaning of the compound's failing structure fills your ears. Slowly, you open your eyes and allow yourself to take in the destruction. You cautiously rise to your feet, wincing softly, and gaze out over what remained.

You were now standing in a minefield of destruction. Massive chunks of the building were spread around you; you had been fortunate as to not get struck. It looked like you had just stepped away from a war. You squint out across the wasteland, a small smile tugging at your lips.

The slave girls were ripping their chains off and practically screaming with delight. Wide grins, arms wrapping around one another. The few guards that remained had long thrown down their weapons and were trudging through what was left. They looked defeated... just as it should have been. As the wind blows through the tattered layers of your dress and your wild hair, a familiar feeling begins to grow within the depths of your stomach.

Your smile falters and quickly fades. This was a feeling you knew all too well. The Force. But this wasn't its usual antics of reminding you of its existence from time to time. No... this was different. You frown when you feel the sensation spreading rapidly. The sensation you could recognize as your Force bond. With him.

As you watch the crowds swarming the building to assess the damage or celebrate its demise, everything seems to slow down. Your eye catches the slightest of movement. A flash of black. You release a shaky breath at the sight of him standing amidst the rubble. He was staring blankly back at you, but no one else was looking to him. You take an uncertain step forward but, just then, the wind changes directions. Smoke billows over where he had been standing and when it clears.... he was gone.

You shake your head, pushing your hair out of your face. Your heart was nearly beating out of your chest now. Closing your eyes, you silently convince yourself that your mind had just been playing tricks on you. That Kylo was gone and he was never coming back for you. You shudder, crossing your arms as a sudden chill sweeps through you despite the searing heat.

"There! I found her!" A voice calls out.

A pair of arms fling around you before your brain can even register it. You smile weakly, patting Lani on the back as she hugs you tighter.