Chapter 24

"Be a good girl and stay here, okay?"

With a firm kiss and a gentle reminder of a pat on my bum, Suga released me and stepped away. I felt suddenly very out of place, so I took an instinctive step towards him, as if to follow him. His eyes fell back to me, firm yet apologetic.

"I'll be right back."

Then he added a bit darkly, "This shouldn't take long."

Suga then seemed to have a sudden idea; he stripped out of his large leather jacket and draped it over me. When the large weight had been added to my shoulders, I could see he was smirking to himself.

"This is to remind them who you belong to."

He was referring to his mens, who were sitting across the room. There were four of them, and it looked as though they were playing some kind of card game.

Suga snuck in another quick kiss, his large hand wrapping softly around my throat. It wasn't an offensive move or gesture; his hand was soft against my sensitive skin, his fingers wrapping firmly around the length of my neck. His hands were large enough to fully cup it. I could feel his mens watching us from a distance, though they said nothing in front of their leader. Suga's face was looking a lot better now, though he still had the hint of a bruise on his cheek. His men knew of their leader's absence and this was the first time they have seen him in a few days.

Suga pulled away abruptly, sending me a brief wink, and whirled on his heels to head to the door. He walked inside and I was left by myself.

Immediately the men at the table resumed their game of cards. I stood there awkwardly, shifting my feet, moving the jacket so my arms went in the holes. Even when I did that, the sleeves were long, hiding my hands.

Strangely, I felt a whole lot safer in this jacket. Almost like a piece of Suga was left so people wouldn't pull a knife on me or something. I may be paranoid right now, but I was in a warehouse where Suga's gang resided. I had the right to be slightly nervous.

I sat down on a nearby chair, taking out my phone and aimlessly rolling through it. It was then I remembered Kim.

Why hasn't she called me? She went from calling me like 20 times a day to...nothing.

I glanced at the men, knowing I couldn't just call her. It would be uncomfortable for me to talk while knowing they could hear every word I said. So I sent a quick text message to my dear friend, asking if she was okay or not. I also sent one to Momo, slightly worried about her whereabouts. I hoped she was with Jimin still...if she went back with Jhope...

"...apparently the boss has some dirt on Sungwoo." I heard a man mumble. "I heard he double-crossed us and gave some information to the police."

"The police ain't gonna to do nothing." Another man replied gruffly. "What can they do? We'll put a few bullets in a few of their heads and they'll go back to bein' hungry dogs."

"Didn't you see the new police chief?" The first man asked, his voice slightly lowered.

"Yeah, I saw her."

"She had a whole speech on the news that she was going to fight against whatever gang violence that happens here." The man paused. "She seems pretty headstrong about it, too."

"She's a woman. What can she do?"

"She arrested one of Hyuk's men." Another man piped up. "I saw. It was on the west side of town. She interrogated the man and soon had him backed up against the car with handcuffs ready. This chick means business."

"I think she could be a problem."

"The boss is gonna take care of this." The first man suggested. "We've had people try to resist us in the police force before. This woman is going to drop dead by next week—just you see."