Chapter 36: Epilogue

[ IMPORTANT : Play the video above/to the side. Listen to the song in the video while you read this chapter. If the video ends, replay once again but make sure you have the music/song playing till the end of the chapter. Read authors note at the end too ]

_

[ Hana ]

4 weeks later

I stared out the window of our hotel room, watching the busy night street below, cars passing continuously without a break. I pressed my face against the window and breathed heavily causing fog to appear on the glass. A line of water ran down the fog and I realized it was the tears from my eyes making its own path through it. I forced myself to focus on the moving cars but it didn't stop the tears from rolling and it didn't help the ache in my heart either. I was craving for something even though I was sure I had no chance anymore.

Because I'm a betrayer. A bloody betrayer.

A car honked on the street below and I focused on the street again. That's been my daily routine for the past weeks. I would eat a little because Rosé and Kim would force me to, and then I would sit by my window, my room illuminated in darkness, and watch the outside world.

The one thing I hated the most, darkness, yet that's my biggest comfort amidst all these pain.

The hotel room Yura booked for us was nice and comfortable. Not too fancy but cozy.

I raised my fingers and traced a thousand 'S' on the foggy window. I couldn't get over it. I couldn't get over anything. And most importantly I could never get over him.

I placed my palm against my stomach and smiled softly with tears still rolling down my cheeks. Would he be happy if he knew that he brought another life into this world? Would he claim it his like he claimed me? Would he be a monster or would he pass his love to our baby, something he never had as a child?

Yes I'm pregnant. It took me a few days to realize that I'm pregnant. Kim and Rosé tried to talk me into aborting the baby or give it up for adoption, but I would never. I would never let a child live the same dark and monstrous life as he did. No human deserves it, be it good or evil.

As big of a surprise it was to Kim and Rosé, it was even bigger for me. I was on birth control. Everytime we had sex, I made sure I was on birth control. But the doctor said maybe it was a miracle that the baby fought its way through it. The baby is surely strong. I was sure of that.

Because his father is strong.

I wish he was here. I wanted to see how he'd react. He wasn't the happiest when he was around kids, I would see him glaring at kids everytime we went to the grocery store. But would he change for his own baby?

I sighed as I rubbed my belly and hummed a soft tune.

"Hana! Hana come out here quick." Kim called from the living room.

I ignored her voice. What she said next however caught my attention.

"The news, it's about him." She called once again. I heard the way she said 'him' as if she was disgusted. But I don't blame her, she grew up hating him and it wasn't going to change anytime soon.

I weakly got off the chair I was sitting at and walked into our living room, or more like ran to it. I could hear distant voices from the TV until I entered the room and heard the voice clearly now.

"...it is now confirmed that Korea is now free of gangs ruining the chance of a happy living for the citizens. Thanks to Police Chief Yura, she managed to put an end to this. There's no more crime prevailing in this town and we are finally happy as we say this, the notorious gang BTS is no longer going to haunt your life or your child's life. They all got what they deserved. We, South Koreans, are finally free." The reporter paused, as she wiped a few happy tears rolling down her face. The same tears matched mine, only mine was not from happiness, rather it was from the dread I was going to hear next.