Chapter 8

"So are you a virgin?"

I nearly spat out my drink from Suga's suddenly blunt, and in my opinion, insolent, question. I quickly averted my gaze at the table, a bit stunned that he would ask such a crude question. And the way he said it was so casually, as if asking what kind of color I liked.

I stalled for a moment, trying to swallow my water. However, I felt his piercing gaze. He knew I was stalling. He missed nothing.

"Hana," He said, a smirk tugging at his lips, "answer my question."

"I don't believe that's any of your business." I said quickly, my eyes glancing around the small diner. I unconsciously tugged the jacket tighter around me. It felt so strange...wearing nothing under this.

"Oh, it's all my business." Suga replied, no longer looking amused.

"Why can't we have a normal conversation?" I tried changing the subject.

Suga leaned closer to me, so close, that I could wear his distinct cologne. I stiffened in my seat, my eyes meeting his on accident. "Are you a virgin or not?" Suga breathed the question, his breath fanning across my face. I inhaled it without a word, my eyes unable to leave his. "Hana." He moved even closer to me, his elbows on the table. I felt his knees brush against mine underneath the table. "It's a simple question. It's not like I'm asking anything personal."

Asking me if I was a virgin or not wasn't personal?

"Well to me," I replied in a tight whisper, "that is very personal." I sat back in my seat, convincing myself that my back was aching, when in reality I was trying to stay away from him.

"Why can't you just answer the question?" Suga smirked again, his eyes glinting in mischief. "Are you not a virgin? What are you trying to hide from me?" He leaned across the table, his hand reaching for me. I pressed fully back into the seat, my eyes widening as his hand only fell to the table directly in front of me. His smirk widened when he saw my expression. "You can't hide anything from me. I can see right through you."

"I can see right through you, too." I retaliated quietly.

"Oh you can?" Suga tilted his head, his eyes never leaving mine. "What do you see?"

"A bully."

His eyes widened-just barely. His whole confident facade slipped through his fingers. And I saw it all, and it gave me such a feeling of satisfaction that I found myself smirking back at him. When he saw my smirk, however, he regained his composure and instead looked interested in what I had said.

"A bully." He repeated slowly.

"Yes, a bully-someone who uses strength or power to harm or intimidate those who are weaker." I crossed my legs and sat a little higher, feeling very smug at the baffled look on his face.

"Ms. Lee, are you finally admitting that I'm powerful?" It was his turn to smirk at me, his cockiness returning.

"Instead of scaring people who are weaker," I told him calmly, "why don't you act like a man of honor and mess with people that match your own strength? For instance, I've heard you do...things to women. Does that seem honorable to you?"

He wasn't fazed. "I thought that by now you should've realized I could care less about honor. I don't exactly play by rules."

"I can see." I briefly wondered where our food was.

"It's obvious to me that America is different than here." Suga said. "It seems like a completely different world. But, you're no longer in that world." He lowered his voice, his eyes darkening drastically, "You're in my world now. You play by my rules. Right now, this is the only world you'll ever know. Forget about America."