Chapter 2

Now it was a gentle drizzle, with an occasional gust of wind. I saw a street sign and knew I was just a block from Kim's house, a friend of mine. Maybe she won't mind if I ask to stay there for a few minutes.

I glanced over my shoulder, staring into the darkness. I wondered if the guy was still there. I wouldn't be able to tell.

With that, I ran into the drizzle. It took me 2 minutes to reach Kim's house, and I ran up her front porch steps, knocking on the door. She answered, dressed in a light-blue robe. When she saw me, she gasped and pulled me on the arm, practically dragging me inside.

I thought she was concerned about me being in the rain. However, she was concerned about something else.

"Is that your jacket?" She demanded sharply, closing the door behind her. I noticed that she locked it and peered out the window. She had a cup of tea in her hand, but she was no longer interested in it.

"No," I told her, standing awkwardly in her doorway. "Is it okay if I stay here for a—"

"—Hana, you need to tell me right now who gave you that jacket." Her blue eyes turned on me. I saw true fear in them.

"This guy gave it to me." I mumbled, wondering why she was so afraid.

"What guy? Where did you see them?" She demanded, walking past me. She set the cup of tea on an end table and plopped down on her couch. I was about to sit on another one of her sofas but decided against it. My clothes were soaking wet.

When I didn't answer, she rubbed her temple and told me, sounding suddenly exhausted, "Go into my room and find some dry clothes. I'll put yours in a dryer."

I went back into her room and took off the jacket. It was a black leather jacket, and it looked like it had been worn a lot. I set it down on the bed and found some clean, dry clothes. I quickly changed, feeling so much better now that I was in dry clothes. I then found a brush and untangled my soaking wet hair.

When I was done, I rolled my wet clothes up and went back to Kim, who looked deep in thought. When I had walked in, she stared at me as if she didn't know me.

"Kim?" I asked uncertainly, holding up the clothes.

"Just put them on the table." She said, her stare not wavering.

"What's wrong?" I asked, sitting across from her. I pulled my knees to my chest, cradling them against me.

"Hana, who gave you that jacket?" Kim asked slowly. "Did he give you a name?"

"He said his name was Suga." My eyed widened when she gasped out loud—as if I just told her that someone had died—and she closed her eyes shut tightly, as if she didn't want to know more. I stared at her, wondering what was so bad.

"I'm so sorry," She said quietly, shaking her head. "I never told you...about them."

"About who?"

"Suga is part of a gang." She told me slowly, her voice shaky. "They are a bad, but powerful gang. They've been here for as long as I can remember. They practically own the town."

I breathed, "So that's why he told me he owned the town."

Kim looked like she was about to throw up. "They're very bad news, Hana. Did Suga...touch you?"

"No." I replied. "He just gave me his jacket to use."

"Oh no," Kim murmured, "that means he's taken an interest to you."

"Or maybe he was just trying to be friendly?" I asked, hoping I was right.

But when Kim laughed at that, my hope vanished. "Suga isn't friendly. At all. If only you knew...Suga is not the only one in the gang. They're all bad. Of course Namjoon is the worst, but Suga is the 2nd worse. They all wear trademark jackets, like the one you were wearing."

I started to feel scared. The guy I was talking to, hidden in the shadows, was part of a gang?

"Has he killed people?" I asked softly.

"Probably." Kim ran a hand through her short blonde hair. "And it's worse right now because you have his jacket. You know what that means, right?"

I waited.

"He's going to come for it. And that means he'll also come for you."

_

Vote and Comment xoxo