Chapter 6

Lucario's POV:

Minutes later, she comes back with some sort of pastry.

Cinderace: "I'm back!" She says smiling as she sits down next to me on the sofa.

I look at her curiously as she takes a bite out of it.

Lucario: "What is that?"

Cinderace: "Oh, its icecream! you want some?" She asks me as she brings it towards me.

Lucario: "No thanks.''

Cinderace: "Come on! its really good-'' She pauses as she accidentally smears it against my cheek.

The coldness of the icecream gives me a shiver as i slowly glare at her.

Cinderace: "Ahehe...whoops..'' She lifts her paw up to my face and wipes it off.

Cinderace: "Maybe we can-'' I interrupt her as i smack her paw away

I sigh angrily as she looks at me in surprise with a sweat dropping down her face.

Lucario: "...Just give me some napkins please.'' I scoff at her.

Cinderace: "Okay!" She gets up and walks.

She comes back with a few napkins. I take them from her and wipe off the icecream.

Once there was no more left, i crumbled up the soaken napkins and threw them a trash bin.

I turn my head to see her back on the couch next to me eating her icecream.

I look at the window to see the rain still continuing to fall.

The sounds of the raindrops pours down outside, giving me a little bit of relaxation.

Lucario: "Hey cinderace...thanks for letting me stay here. I guess you aren't so bad afterall.''

She looks at me and smiles brightly.

Cinderace: "Aww, of course!..wait.. what's that supposed to mean?" 

Lucario: "Oh nothing..'' I say as i smile.

I lay my head back and think.

Cinderace is actually pretty nice to hang out with.. and that adorable smile..

Wait.. what the hell am i even saying? I don't like her THAT way...w-were just friends.

..Right? Besides, even if i did...she probably wouldn't feel the sa-

Lucario: "Hm?" I get interrupted out of my thoughts as i feel something soft fall against my shoulder.

I look to my right to see cinderace laying her head on my shoulder as her paw touches mine.

A deep red blush immediately rises on my face as my eyes grow wide open.

Lucario: "Aw jeez..'' I slowly get up, trying not to wake her.

I gently grab her up and hold her in my arms as i walk to her room.

I open the door and walk to her bed. I move over the covers and i gently place her on the bed.

Lucario: "There we go.'' I quietly say as i cover her with the blankets. I was about to leave until something tugs onto my paw tightly.

I immediately turn my head around to see cinderace looking at me half awake.

Cinderace: "w-wait...c-can you...stay with me?" She asks with a faint blush.

My eye shot wide open in surprise as i stare at her.

Lucario: "What?"

Cinderace: "P-Please? Just this once..'' 

I look away, trying not to make my blush visible.

Lucario: "...Fine.'' I sit on the floor and lay my back against the end of the bed.

Cinderace: "N-No..i meant in bed.''

I get up and stare at her in shock. She stares at me back with puppy eyes.

Lucario: "...Whatever.. only this t-time.'' I mutter as i slowly walk towards the bed and get inside.

She snuggles up to me and wraps her arms around me.

I slowly hug her back. Surprisingly she's really warm.. like...a heater warm.

My eyes slowly close as i begin to fall asleep with her.

12/30/2020 1:30 AM

TO BE CONTINUED