Chapter 8: First Day of School

In the morning, the dorm was cozy. Light came through the window, creating a warm atmosphere throughout the home. The breeze outside made the trees rustle, and the birds sang to welcome the new day.

The dorm was larger than most, being more like an apartment thanks to Ozpin. There were four rooms: a bathroom, a bedroom, a kitchen, and a living room. A great place due to the headmaster's intervention.

The bedroom was simple and clean, creating a comfortable mood inside. There was a grey queen bed with drawers underneath, a white nightstand on each side, a black dresser with a large mirror, and a few cube lamps to light up the room.

And within this place was (Y/N), fast asleep.

But not for long.

Lucas: "WAKE UP!!!"

Hearing the scream, (Y/N) jumped out of the bed and onto the floor. He bumped his head on the nightstand, almost knocking the lamp on top of his head. And when he looked up from the ground, he saw the green eyed man smiling with a microphone placed where his ear was.

(Y/N): "*grumble* are you going to do that every morning..."

Lucas: "No. Only today."

(Y/N) got off of the floor, stretching himself awake in the process. Cracking a few knuckles, he walked around his place to get ready. He brushed his teeth, combed his hair, changed into his new uniform, and went over to the living room while talking with Lucas.

(Y/N): "When does school start anyway?"

Lucas: "One hour. It's going to be a fifteen minute walk, so you should be fine."

(Y/N): "Well I'm not so sure about that..."

Arriving at the living room, (Y/N) took in the sight. The living room was simple, being a large white couch with a small glass coffee table, a sofa chair to the right of the table, and a TV hanging on the wall. A nice place to relax after a long day.

Next to the living room was the kitchen, an extremely different place from the rest of the home. It was filled full with new cutting edge gear, opening possibilities to whatever a person can want. It was simply amazing.

And within that kitchen, (Y/N) got some simple waffles and strawberries to eat.

(Y/N): "So, how does school work? Do they just give us some work to do and we have to do it within the class?"

Lucas: "No, the professor will actually discuss different subjects in detail. You're supposed to take notes so that you can remember for the test or projects."

(Y/N): "Supposed to?"

Lucas: "Oh, you'll see."

(Y/N) looked down, wondering what he meant. Why wouldn't he take notes? Wasn't he going to learn from an actual huntsman? What would make him not want to learn?

These questions filled his mind, only for them to be silenced at the realization that he finished eating.

(Y/N) checked the time to see how long he had until class. He hoped that he wouldn't be late on his first day. That would be embarrassing.

But then he realized he still had twenty minutes before leaving, and he had no idea what to do with that time.

(Y/N): "*sigh* Hey, what should I do to wait?"

Lucas: "Hmm? Probably check out your neighbors."

(Y/N): "...Anything that doesn't involve me meeting new people?"

Lucas paused for a second, taking in what (Y/N) just said.

Lucas: "Really?"

(Y/N): "What?"