Chapter 3: Society

Glynda: "Why did we have to go now? We should be preparing at the academy, not finding this person."

Ozpin: "Now, now. I said it'll be fine so it will be fine. Don't worry."

Glynda looked away in annoyance. They had been traveling for hours on the trail, searching for wherever the 'spirit' was. Problem, he wasn't easy to find.

Every report of him was from someone he saved. No one could intentionally find him. It made people think he was a ghost. An avenging spirit to save people in need.

That's why they called him the Spirit of The Forest.

Glynda: "I understand that you want to see him Ozpin, but that could take weeks. If he wishes to be hidden, we should just leave him be. He's not harming anyone."

Ozpin: "Well, I feel like we should meet him. I... have a feeling he will help us. A hunch you could say."

Glynda: "*sigh* Fine. But do you have any idea where he could be?"

Ozpin: "Well, why don't you see for yourself."

Ozpin motioned his hand to the right of the road. And as Glynda looked, she found a small trail going into the forest.

Glynda: "How did yo-"

Ozpin: "Well, we should go now. Shall we?"

Ozpin walked towards the trail, motioning for Glynda to follow.

She stared at him, baffled, until shaking her head.

Glynda: "I hope he's good enough for this."

Ozpin: "Oh trust me. He will be."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The cabin changed significantly throughout the past few years. Before, it was a small little shack in the middle of nowhere, rundown and destroyed. But now? It was almost like a small town.

Where once the small training grounds were, there was now a huge field for working out. Training equipment that were amazingly constructed, scattered across the area, creating a new outdoor gym. Weights, pull up bars, a small track for running; it had it all.

Next to the outdoor gym was what looked like an obstacle course and the archery range. The archery range looked much nicer, now having a roof where the archers would fire their arrows. A wooden bow hung off the wall next to a quiver full of arrows. The targets were all placed at different lengths, some of them hanging off mechanisms that moved.

Compared to the archery range, the obstacle course was ginormous. It had monkey bars, salmon ladders, floating steps, and more. There was even a control panel near the set to activate different sections of the course.

Across from the three training areas, there stood a workbench. It wasn't that large of an area, just a small table with blueprints and tools around it. It showed the construction for all of the mechanisms in the area: moving targets, moving platforms, traps, etc. Tons of improvements for the cabin were displayed.

And the cabin was no longer the small damaged hut. It was now a ginormous wooden house with a second floor. It had clean windows, a chimney, a porch, a balcony; it looked nothing like before.

The generator behind the cabin also changed. It was functioning, giving power throughout the entire house. Next to it were some random metal parts, all collected from scrap yards nearby.

And the inside of the house was no longer the barren, dusty, broken place. It was a home, full of furniture and decorations that people no longer wanted. The living room had couches, tables, paintings, the kitchen had a fridge, a stove, an oven, there were bedrooms, closets, restrooms and more. It was... nice.