Chapter 4

Episode 10 (Part 2) - "The Passenger"

Word Count: 5900 exactly bb

Warnings: creepy ew yucky gucky spiders, explosions, action, swearing, a little bit of fluff if you squint, etc.

Din groaned as he woke up with his neck at an awkward angle, his head throbbing slightly and a slight chill running down his back from the cold. Sitting up quickly Din raised his hands to try the controls and get the ship running, but paused when he heard the groan of the woman behind him.

He swivelled around in his chair and looked down at the ground to see the woman laying there, shivering violently and groaning as she wrapped her arms around herself in an attempt to keep herself as warm as possible. Instantly Din ran forward and helped her into her seat, nodding as she protested in her language and pushed against his shoulders.

"I'll find your eggs, don't worry," Din reassured her, nodding again when she whimpered slightly and stopped fighting him to sit down. "Gotta get you some blankets, keep you warm."

Turning out of the cockpit Din slid down the ladder and looked around the deck, only to notice that there was an enormous hole on one side of the ship that let the snow of the planet float in and freeze any of the boxes that were even remotely close to it, while broken wires hung loose and sparked dangerously.

"Dammit."

The breeze sent another unpleasant chill down his spine as he turned to his sleeping compartment, then felt his heart drop when he noticed it was empty. "Y/N?!"

The woman started calling for him from the cockpit and he quickly looked up. "Hang on, I'm looking for your eggs!" he called back, then scrambled through the piles of boxes and cargo containers in search of you and the baby.

Din quickly pulled back a large sheet near the ramp and cursed again, quickly throwing it away and bending down to brush your hair out of your face. You were laying on your stomach and he could feel you trembling even through his gloves, making him instantly pull the sheet back over your body and turn you over so he could completely wrap you in it.

There wasn't any blood anywhere, which was a good sign, and he quickly checked your body for any more injuries. Nothing.

Just as he was about to stand back up, Din heard the sound of someone slurping, and he rested you in his lap, then pulled back a jacket to see the Child grab another egg from the tank and coo over at him.

"No!" he said sternly, shutting the lid of the tank and pushing the baby away. "I told you not to do that."

The woman continued to speak to him from the cockpit. "Found them!" Din called up to her, then narrowed his eyes as he studied the glass container that held a significantly less amount of eggs than it did before.

"How many did you eat?" he hissed, receiving only a burp from the Child that made Din grumble under his breath and lift you up to get you away from the gaping hole.

He set you down against the wall and cradled your head in his hands, frowning with worry and reaching his hand down to shake your shoulder. "Y/N?"

You groaned softly.

"You gotta wake up, or you're gonna get sick."

When you groaned again he sighed and stood up, handing the crate of eggs to the woman before he quickly climbed up the ladder and walked into your room, grabbing the jackets and blankets you had and jumping back down. He handed the woman the thicker blanket, then lifted you up to wrap you in your larger coat and set the Child down in your lap so you could try keeping him warm, too.