Chapter 10

Episode Thirteen (Part Two) - "The Jedi"

Word Count: 5412

Warnings: uhhhh swearing, more feelings, floof, more fangirling but ma girl y/n keeps it under control (for the most part)... your usual chapter from yours truly

With the baby in his arms, you and Din followed Ahsoka through the charred forests of Corvus. The sun was rising behind you as she continued forward, with a small breeze hitting against his helmet and rustling the dead branches of the dead trees surrounding him.

When Ahsoka stopped, she turned to face him with a small smile, and he held the baby up.

"Let's see what knowledge is lurking inside that little mind," she muttered softly, booping the baby's nose softly and smiling before Din turned to face you.

You shrugged up at him with a grin, giving him the green light that you had no objections as to what was about to happen. So, he sighed and silently agreed to continue. He followed Ahsoka's silent acknowledgement to set him on one of the larger rocks on the forest floor by stepping forward and carefully setting the baby down.

He softly cooed up at Din, and after an encouraging little smile from you, the both of you stepped back. Din glanced over to see Ahsoka looking around on the ground for something, though he turned back to you as you excitedly looped an arm through his.

"This is gonna be great," you whispered, resting your head on his shoulder.

Din smiled softly and shook his head in amusement, only to watch as Ahsoka picked up a rock and stood in front of the baby.

Slowly, she held the rock out in front of her and opened her palm. When she moved her hand to face outward, she pushed the rock to steadily float all the way to the baby, who giggled as he reached his hands out and grasped it tightly.

Your grip on Din's arm tightened with excitement as Ahsoka nodded, then smiled softly.

"Now," she pressed, quirking one of her eyebrows and holding out her hand expectantly. "Return the stone to me, Grogu."

The baby fondly held onto the rock, making Din frown and shift his weight from one foot to the other. "He doesn't understand-"

"He does," Ahsoka reassured, giving him a nod.

The baby stood up and tilted his head again as he stared at Ahsoka, who tried again.

"It's okay," she encouraged with a small smile. "The stone, Grogu."

Din gestured with his head for the baby to pass it back to her, feeling a light amount of frustration build up.

The kid had lifted a whole ass rhino. Why wasn't he passing her a little rock?

The baby looked down sadly at the stone before letting it clatter to the ground, and Din sighed deeply. He could see you had a small frown of your own on your face as you tried to go up to the kid, though he had to put his hand in front of you to stop you from going. You frowned up at him and he shook his head, making you huff and look at the baby with worry.

He knows how much you wanted the baby to be able to do it. Din wanted the baby to be able to do it too. He wanted to be able to show Ahsoka that the kid needed help. Help that he couldn't provide.

You both watched Ahsoka put her hand down before crouching down in front of the baby and grabbing onto one of his little hands. The kid whined softly and let his ears droop, filling Din's chest with a strong sense of desperation.

Ahsoka's eyes closed. "I sense much fear in you," she muttered, giving the baby a sad expression before standing up again.

Everyone's eyes followed Ahsoka as she stood back up and walked over to you and Din, who both gave her worried furrowed eyebrows.