Chapter 5

Episode Eleven - "The Heiress"

Word Count: 4400 exactly bb

Warnings: Almost drowning, almost death by crash landing, almost death by grumpy Din, angst and more crying

You inhaled sharply at the sound of an alarm beeping and you slowly peeked your eyes open, then yawned softly as Din picked his head up from the pilot's seat and looked around. The baby cooed awake and grabbed onto your shirt, and you smiled down at him before tucking him into the crook of your arm and looking up through the windshield.

"Looks like we made it," Din sighed, sitting up straight as he started preparing to enter the moon's atmosphere. You looked down at Trask, at the blue and white hues of the water and clouds of the moon that indicated there was going to be a lot of water on it, then back up at Din. "Get ready for landing."

He pressed a couple more buttons to start preparing the landing gear, though you frowned as he hit it out of frustration and cursed under his breath.

"What's wrong?"

"The landing array isn't responding," he answered. "Without the guidance system, it'll be a manual re-entry. It might get choppy. Once we're through the atmosphere, there should be enough fuel to slow down."

You snorted. "If we don't burn to a crisp."

Your free hand held tightly onto the armrest of your seat as Din pointed the nose of the ship upwards and started the descent into the atmosphere, with the ship catching on fire within a few seconds. Alarms began blaring again as the baby buried his head in your shirt, and you stood up quickly and used your hand to pull on the back of Din's chair so you could scooch to his other side.

"Y/N-"

"I know," you huffed, leaning forward to grab onto the lever beside him before pulling back on it as hard as you could.

"Here we go," Din muttered, and you grit your teeth to keep the lever as steady as possible.

"Razor Crest, this is Trask flight control." A woman's voice came over the comms. "Please reduce your speed to port protocol."

"I'm trying my best here," Din grunted, turning to his left. "Engage reverse thrusters. Brace!"

If you could have you would have rolled your eyes because what the fuck were you supposed to hold on to to brace yourself, but you stayed silent and continued to hold the lever back as your body swayed aggressively with the ship.

"Razor Crest, do you copy? You have to reduce speed."

"No shit," you grit, then felt your eyes widen as you bounced lightly in the air.

"Almost there," Din muttered. "Almost there."

"Razor Crest, do you copy? Razor Crest, you're coming in too fast. You have to re-"

The screen that showed the landing pad was continuing to blink red as the ship grew closer and closer to the ground, and as soon as it turned green, Din toggled the switch to engage the landing gear and the ship stopped instantly, leaving you to stumble on your feet as Din hovered the Razor Crest in mid air. The ship rocked lightly as he lowered it slowly, and you continued to pull on the lever, finding it much easier to hold now that the increasing speed of the drop wasn't working against you anymore.

"Here we go," Din muttered. "Nice and easy."

You sighed in relief as he continued to lower the ship, then cried out when suddenly the engine to your right completely blew up, throwing the ship off of it's path to the landing pad to instead crash straight into the water.