Chapter 1

Episode Nine - "The Marshal"

Word Count: 6769 (;

Warnings: swearing, blood, meeeemorieeeees, minor character deaths, not much happens.

A/N: Question... how do you guys feel about Peter Maximoff?

The air was cold and sent a shiver down Din Djarin's spine as he walked through the darkness of the empty streets, the clatter of yours and his footsteps being the only thing he could hear besides the gentle breeze and the soft cooing coming every once in a while from the baby in the crib.

To his right Din could see the crib floating beside him with the baby scooted up all the way to the front so he could get a good look at everything around him while you were on the crib's other side, wearing your usual black leggings, tanned, skin-tight long sleeved shirt with a tool belt around your waist, tall brown leather boots, and goggles that were perched up on top of your head. You had clipped your long, brown cape over your shoulders and had pulled your hood up over your head, letting your hair fall delicately out in the front as the shadow from your hood hid the top half of your face.

With the help of his helmet he was able to see through the darkness and glance down at your lips, not even realizing that his own were tingling as he licked them before he looked up at the rest of your face, which showed a slight hint of worry.

He smiled softly, thinking about the conversation you and he had after you had left Nevarro together. You were right. As soon as you both were able to bring the baby back to where he belonged, to where he would be safe for good, then, if he still wanted to (which he most ever so certainly did), he could retire from being a Mandalorian and hold you the way he so desperately wanted to.

Din's eyes fell back on the baby for a split second before he looked back up and around the streets, noticing that each of the buildings had a large amount of spray painted designs completely covering all of their walls. The further he went in the more he became aware of the red eyes and deep growling of dozens of wolves that hid in the shadows of the streets, and he made sure to keep glancing over at you to ensure you were okay as he continued forward.

After a few more minutes of strolling through the streets Din led you and the baby up to a door where a Twi'lek with darker skin and black and gold clothing stood guard, and he nodded at the man. "We're here to see Gor Koresh."

The Twi'lek glanced down at the baby, then up at you, then back at him and nodded his head, stepping out of the way and gesturing that it was okay for him to enter. "Enjoy the fight." The deep voice of the Twi'lek rang through Din's ears as he stepped in first and led you through the narrow hallways, following the sounds of the cheering and shouting all the way to a boxing ring where hundreds of people could be seen watching a fight between two Gamorreans.

Din strolled through the cheering crowds until he found the Abyssin he was looking for and noticed there was an empty spot on the bench next to him and another one just behind it, then clicked his tongue. He got a slightly bad feeling about the situation as walked over silently and helped you into the higher seat, then sat next to Gor and rested his elbows on his knees.

"You know this is no place for a child," Gor chastised, keeping his large brown eye on the fight as he leaned into Din.

"Wherever I go, they go," he responded, glancing up at the fight and swallowing thickly. With all of the shit that's happened when he was separated from you, every chance he had was going to be spent bringing the both of you. That was the only way he was able to calmly guarantee your safety.

"So I've heard," Gor chuckled.

Din turned to look at him. "I've been quested to bring the kid to his kind," he explained. "If I can locate other Mandalorians, they can help guide. I'm told you know where to find them."